Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've started this thread to discuss Lowestoft fishing vessels. I'm in the process of compiling a database (529 vessels and counting) of the above and, would welcome any contributions on this theme. ie. photo's, stories of life on board, histories of the vessels etc.

Hopefully as this thread develops, it can become a reference point for people with similar interests.

Regards

Clem

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great Sites Raymond.

I finally traced a picture of LT245 J.A.P. (Jane Ann Podd). I don't have permission to post, so it will have to stay with me for the time being.

Regards

Clem

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Pictures

Hi Clem,
Glad you like what you see ....
I have a number of other pictures of Lowestoft boats,
which I will place online soon.
Glad you have found the J.A.P.
David Podd was delighted with
all of my research on his grandfather's company and boats,
told me that virtually all of it was unknown to him before!!
Best Wishes
Raymond

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Lowestoft trawlers

Hi guys, only one LT now operating out of Brixham, the Korenbloem LT535. Mareverma LT526 is still here, but now decommissioned, and being converted to a diving vessel for operating in the Canary Islands. The old Senex Fidelis (LT266) is a hulk lying in the outer harbour as a storage hulk. Hope that helps you, regards, Trev

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Raymond, I'll get round to sending you a copy of LT245, if you want. I would really like some copies of the vessels, you've posted on your internet sites, if that's possible.

Cheers

Clem

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Trev, I've found out that both LT535 Korenbloem and LT526 Mareverma went to Brixham in 1984, were they both sidewinders?

LT266 Senex Fidelis, ex. VD54 Nellie; ex. LT266 Semper Crescendo, I understand she was a beam trawler.

Do you have any pics you could post or perhaps email me?

[email protected]

Regards

Clem

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Clem

As Raymond (Treeve) knows I have an oil painting of a Lowestoft trawler dated 1904 with the name Kestrel and designation LT442. I have taken photos of the picture and have them on disk. Should you be interested in a copy you will need to let me have your email address, via the personal mail, as the size is to big to post on SN

Good luck with your quest.

Regards

NigelC

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Lowestoft trawler pics.

Clem, Senex, Mareverma, and Korenbloem are all beamers. I am sure I have loaded photos of the Korenbloem at least on the site, but I will put a couple more on later today hopefully, regards, Trev

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Kestrel

Hello Clem and Nigel,
It's a fine picture ... I would be very interested to know the
reason for the painting being done ... seems to be more than
"just" a painting.

Of course, I will send anyone the original scans of the pictures
on my website. Just give me a little time ....

Best Wishes
Raymond

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Mareverma and Korenbloem

Photo of Korenbloem on page 106 (approx) of the fishing vessel bit. Just submitted a photo of Mareverma, it is head on, I'll try and get a better shot. Trev

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
brixhamrfc said:
Photo of Korenbloem on page 106 (approx) of the fishing vessel bit. Just submitted a photo of Mareverma, it is head on, I'll try and get a better shot. Trev
Thanks Trev, I've just looked her up.

Clem

·
Registered
426 Posts
Kestrel

Hi Raymond

I'm not sure about the reason for the painting, It was my late uncles barn for many years and he let us have in about 1973 in a dreadful state. We had it cleaned up and reframed, the original had crumbled with woodworm. According to my late mother our family had some connection with her but I haven't been able to track down any more info.

Regards

NigelC

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
nigelcollett said:
Hi Clem

As Raymond (Treeve) knows I have an oil painting of a Lowestoft trawler dated 1904 with the name Kestrel and designation LT442. I have taken photos of the picture and have them on disk. Should you be interested in a copy you will need to let me have your email address, via the personal mail, as the size is to big to post on SN

Good luck with your quest.

Regards

NigelC
Hi! Nigel. You should be able to resize your photo's if you save the originals to the computer & then use Arcsoft. Thats if you have a digital camera? This software should come with it as it did with the camera's I have.
ATB. Pat

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Pat

I'll give it a try (as soon as I find the disk- this sun is the bane of my life - she who must be obeyed has come up with numerous outside jobs)

NigelC

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Clem / Pat

Have managed to condense pictures of Kestrel and have posted them in the Gallery. Should you like copies of the original (larger) then let me know and I will email to you

Regards

NigelC

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hi everyone, here is a list of vessels I'm currently researching. So if anyone reading this has any information of any kind relating to these vessels (including pics), please let me know by posting here or by PM.

Regards

Clem

LT140 Moreleigh
LT188 Tritonia
LT203 Annrobin
LT245 J.A.P.
LT246 Fellowship
LT298 Barton Queen
LT326 Yellowtail
LT335 Loch Lorgan
LT434 Jacklyn

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi everyone I've got LT140 Moreleigh, ex. BM20 Iago. I'm looking for anything on her when she was a Brixham vessel. If anyone can help, I'd be grateful.

Regards

Clem

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
Clem said:
Hi everyone, I've started this thread to discuss Lowestoft fishing vessels. I'm in the process of compiling a database (529 vessels and counting) of the above and, would welcome any contributions on this theme. ie. photo's, stories of life on board, histories of the vessels etc.

Hopefully as this thread develops, it can become a reference point for people with similar interests.

Regards

Clem
Hi Clem,
Did you know that my families old sidetrawler , David John A169 , was owned by a Lowestoft and fishout out of there in 1989-1990 before going on a long term hire to Milford Haven.She can back to Lowestoft in 1996 to be scrapped at the Richards Ironworks yard. There's a photo of her in my gallery and if you want the details of her just say.

Davie Tait

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Davie Tait said:
Hi Clem,
Did you know that my families old sidetrawler , David John A169 , was owned by a Lowestoft and fishout out of there in 1989-1990 before going on a long term hire to Milford Haven.She can back to Lowestoft in 1996 to be scrapped at the Richards Ironworks yard. There's a photo of her in my gallery and if you want the details of her just say.

Davie Tait
Hi Davie, I certainly would like to see her details, although she's not strictly a LT vessel her connection to Lowestoft is still of interest, can you post here for others to see as well?

I see her Lowestoft owners were M & S Developments but, I have her scrapped at LT during Dec. 95.

Thanks

Clem

1 - 20 of 371 Posts