Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for detail pictures of loyal class or Cartmel class fleet tender.

I am making a model of it in 1/48, using a kingston mouldings hull. the plan is not very precise regarding the details and I wish to get deck/superstructure/wheelhouse, fore and aft pictures. a picture of its rudder+propeller would be appreciated as well.

Any livery will be appreciated, whether under RN or under private ownership

Any links or contact points will help a lot as well. i can't find much on the web. just a few bad pictures

Thanking fellow members and readers in advance.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just saw some

in the gallerie, Cartmel class Manly . Helps a lot, but regrefully the resolution was very low.

Thanks in advance for your help

BR

·
1,234 Posts
I served 15 years in the R.N.X.S. mostly on board the LOYAL MODERATER in the bristol channel and hacve a ot of photos but i will have to get them scaned onto the computer and cd.

Mind you. if you have a little pocket money left you can always buy a fleet tender there are several available for about £120,000.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you bob and David

Indeed I am very interested by those pictures

Yes, I looked at several ads and found some down to £85K but this is too distant a dream for me yet, as I haven't the income yet to sustain such a unit.

So my first step is to indulge myself with a small one.

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
vchiu said:
Looking for detail pictures of loyal class or Cartmel class fleet tender.

I am making a model of it in 1/48, using a kingston mouldings hull. the plan is not very precise regarding the details and I wish to get deck/superstructure/wheelhouse, fore and aft pictures. a picture of its rudder+propeller would be appreciated as well.

Any livery will be appreciated, whether under RN or under private ownership

Any links or contact points will help a lot as well. i can't find much on the web. just a few bad pictures

Thanking fellow members and readers in advance.
Vchiu

Try this website

http://www.cign.org/ships.htm

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you gdynia

Will try when I am abroad because it does not work from China

·
Registered
2 Posts
Morning VCHIU.
Well, what a turn up for the books. I only became a member 10 minutes ago and already I can help someone out.
I can let you have up to 30 odd photos of Sultan Venturer that I took 2 days ago in Grimsby Fish Dock.
I think that this vessel is or was Loyal Factor as I spotted the remains of some weld marks depicting A382 on the side of the superstructure. This happens to be the vessel that I am attempting to research.
The photos are still in my camera but I will download them during the course of today (Sunday), commitments allowing, put them on an attachment, and send them your way if I can get your email address.

Kindest regards
Churchwarden

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Vchiu,

A copy of Loyal Mediator in my gallery. Ship now in private hands.
Rgds

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fleet Tenders

Hi

Glad to find other people with intrest in the RMAS/RNXS Fleet Tenders! I sailed (for a short period of time before disbandment in 1994) with the RNXS and did a few trips on the Glencoe. Now i am in the MVS and have done a few trips in the Appelby. Recebtly considered buying a fleet tender to live on, but the mooring cost in London (where i work) is SO expensive!

Follow the links below for some good pics and drawings of fleet tenders!

http://www.loyalgovernor.co.uk/gallery/

and..

http://www.mvfintry.com/

Enjoy!

brgds

David

·
Read Only
4,152 Posts
David JM, did you know a good friend of mine by the name of Dougy Bullock, by any chance?A grand gentleman if ever there was one!

·
1,234 Posts
sorry i have been away so long i didnt realised the time had past so quickly
dougy dose rings a bell can you say what unit he was in as i was in gloucester and sailed mostly in the bristol channel with a few sorties north to Scotland and south to france, plymouth and portsmouth with a few watering hoes in between.

a great life sadly missed.

·
Read Only
4,152 Posts
Hi David. His ship was the Moderator when he did his duty times. served as Liutenant/skipper of her whilst on his RNXS stints. Was a retired school teacher of metal work and lived in Cleveleys, near Fleetwood. Scottish by birth, tall and slim with receeding hair, and spoke with a refined " Sean Connery" accent, coming from Edinburgh many years before. Great guy and a great friend, who loved his days at sea on the Moderator.He had only been retired from the RNXS when they retired the ship, he took he on her last voyage to ( I think,) Liverpool to be de commissioned.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you everybody for your feedback

I am working on a project for a 1/48 model of a loyal and/or cartmel class tender that I would offer on the UK market. The model would be built, painted and ready for display or R/C installation, but I don't know if there is a market for this.

Those interested pls PM me as your views will be very useful

BR

·
Registered
573 Posts
Loyal Chancellor

Here is a picture of the Loyal Chancellor at Bangor there are two pictures on this site.

Picture is my own feel free to use it if you wish.

Andrew.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - I've just joined, so hate to seem a smart-ar*e, but Dougy Bullock was one of the skippers on Loyal Watcher. Another great Watcher skipper Geoff Price, a super man
Cheers and apologies
Ed

1 - 20 of 47 Posts