Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the year 2000 having just completed my STCW OOW 95 certificate and qualifying as second mate I continued to study working towards my mates and masters. Preparing for my chart work exam across the high table was man around his mid twenties who worked for Maersk in the Isle of Man he said he was resitting his chart work exam. I cannot remember his name but he was very charming and invited me for an interview at Maersk Isle of Man saying that we are taking on. I accepted his invitation so he arranged my flights from Manchester to the Isle of Man and transfer to head office upon arrival I was expecting to meet a panel of interviewers but to my surprise it was just the man who I had met across the chart work table at Fleetwood Nautical College he told me at the Nautical College that he was the son of a retired Greater Manchester Police Officer (criminal investigation detectives) I was aged 20 and saw the world through rose tinted glasses. Upon arriving at Maersk he invited me into his office it was just the two of us and said 'congratulations' you have the job. I was then provided a ticket to Hong Kong where I joined the vessel the Maersk Avon on the 29.01.2000 which can be seen from the insert on my seaman's discharge book. It was my fifth ship early in my career just as I was beginning to get started what was supposed to be a promising career. I was promoted from fourth officer to third officer (please note I was qualified up to the rank of second officer) the insert on box 5 was written in RED Promoted 3/OFF 15-02-00 I was enslaved on this vessel suffering immensely with mental health then repatriated early back to the UK. I wish to trace the police officers (CID) son who recruited me across the chart work table at Fleetwood Nautical College. My Seamans Discharge Book number was UK109065 my former name was Usameh Al-Chalabi I changed it adopting my mothers maiden name Lloyd. I have been known as Samuel Lloyd for 19 years now.
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Slope

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds horrendous,wish you all the best in your endeavour. What the hell happened?
taffe65 the authorities have been notified and I have sent this URL link to www.sailine.org.uk who are dealing with my case. SAIL is the only Citizens Advice dedicated to anyone who’s ever worked at sea, and their partners, widows and widowers. We give advice on UK rules and regulations.
Colorfulness Font Screenshot Rectangle Electric blue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts