Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,939 Posts
Blimey someone's bid 20 quid. The blurb says it's suitable for a ship like Titanic. For some reason it's upside down in the photo, maybe that's how it landed when it fell off the lorry. Wonder where it came from?

John T

·
Registered
33 Posts

Search for Atalanta if the above link doesn't work...

The buyer ideally needs to be in the UK as it's buyer collects...
Like all marconi stuff a good reliable bit of gear, had marconi gear at southampton college in the 1960's and sailed on the British Star with all marconi gear never had any problems,had an Atlanta at home for a while but it was so big I replaced it with an Electra which I still have in its 70th year to remind me of happy days at sea

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
There was an AEI G4 that was I think little more than a prototype. I started at the bottom of each band and wrote down frequencies. After complaint, an R50M appeared that I thought was brilliant by comparison.

David

+

·
Registered
33 Posts
Howay Chris, the Atalanta wasn't bad as long as you didn't have to replace that bloomin' piece of string that moved the pointer! Often wonder what the Millennials would think of us writing voluminous lists of calibration numbers so we could find the stations though.

John T
There was an AEI G4 that was I think little more than a prototype. I started at the bottom of each band and wrote down frequencies. After complaint, an R50M appeared that I thought was brilliant by comparison.

David

+
The G4 must have been the pits if an R50M was an improvement !!!!!,I sailed with 2 R50M's and had the second one thrown off requesting an R408 replacement and what came, another horrid R50M

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
The G4 was tune with left and write with right whilst trying to take traffic. The R50M was brilliant because I could set the area scheme call band at the end of a watch, put it on standby and it would be there next watch. Another one was not to bad either !!

David
Joint Muscle Leg Comfort Service

1 - 17 of 17 Posts