Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
It wasn't until I stopped bumping around the coastlines of foreign countries and actually went into the interiors, that I learned the languages and cultures of many people. There I made many friends. Memories exist even today.
If your experiences were limited to brief visits to dockside bars, or a quick trip up town to do some shopping, whilst sailing the seas on a little piece of England eating English food, then it's no wonder your experiences were somewhat limited.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Norm is a shining example to us all. Bet he never bought any used cars though.
A lot of the countries I visited, generally kept their culture between their toes.
Generally I found venturing into the interior fraught with risk.;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just imagine leaving the warmth, familiarity and camaraderie of the Dock Road in order to venture into the interior. Wigan and St Helens would probably be a let-down.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I left the sea and went to the oil and gas business. I have worked in Libya, Abu Dhabi, Indonesia, Nigeria, South Korea, Netherlands, Germany and Australia. It has been my career for 35 years. I wasn't afraid. Nigeria was a bit of a worry though.

What do you know about me anyway Andy? I had my time in the MN, and there you have it. Going ashore sums it up, since most of your time was spent on board.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts