Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 1981/82 I sailed on the Causeway as 4th engineer. Does anybody know what happened to it and the Bonnieway. I have tried searching the net without success.
Would also like to hear from anybody who sailed on her about that time.

B. Bannister

·
Premium Member
14,864 Posts
Welcome BB,enjoy the site you are now amongst the sea loving fraternity, although most of us left it years ago our minds are still there.Hope I do not come across you in your job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lost info

Hi Banni

I too have been searching for info on Bonnieway and Causeway. Since retiring I'm putting together some info on ships I've sailed on and can't find anything on the fate of these to. Assuming both are scrapped I'm just after the year that happened and the IMO numbers.
Have you managed to find anything?

Baz,

ex Clan Grant, MacGregor, MacGillivray etc, King Richard, George etc, Speedster Universal, Kinpurnie, Scirocco etc, Al Moshatree etc and Texaco.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Sorry but no images
I believe there was Israeli capital behind both vessels viz Zim Integrated Shipping Services Ltd

IMO. 7430670
CAUSEWAY
O.N. 266156. 35,771g 25,454n. 60,740d. 224.42 x 32.31 x 17.99 (12.605 dt) metres
7-cyl. 2 SCSA (800 x 1600mm) B&W 7K80GF type by the shipbuilder15½
8.12.1975: Keel laid by Burmeister & Wain, Copenhagen (Yard No.887)
30.1.1976: Launched
12.5.1976: Completed for Causeway Shipping Co Ltd
12.5.1976: Registered at London
1983: Sold to Pueblo Holding Ltd and renamed DAGAN under Liberia flag
1985: Sold to Zelo Nav Co Ltd and renamed A. P. under Cyprus flag
1985: Sold to Nola Nav Co Ltd and renamed ANATOLE P under Cyprus flag
1987: Sold to Sarvara Shipping Co Ltd and renamed AIRONE S B under Cyprus flag
1987: Sold to Porpoise Marine Co Ltd under Cyprus flag
1989: Sold to K/S Steinstad and renamed STEINSTAD under Norway flag
1994: Sold to Independent Maritime Investment Ltd and renamed SEAWISH under Malta flag
1994: Sold to Mercer Nav Inc and renamed AGIA FOTIA under Bahamas flag
6.2002: Arrived at Shekou, China for BU

IMO. 7430682
BONNIEWAY
O.N. 366157. 35,771g 25,454n. 60,740d. 224.42 x 32.31 x 17.99 (12.605 dt) metres
7-cyl. 2 SCSA (800 x 1600mm) B&W 7K80GF type by the shipbuilder15½
xx.01.1976: Keel laid by Burmeister & Wain, Copenhagen (Yard No.888)
15.3.1976: Launched
12.5.1976: Completed for Bonnieway Shipping Co Ltd
12.5.1976: Registered at London
1982: Sold to Bonitrad Ltd & Bredtor Ltd under British flag
1982: Sold to Byblos Holdings Ltd and renamed BESOR under Liberia flag
1991Sold to Silvermar Corp and renamed PACIFICWAY under Panama flag
1997: Sold to Athenian Spirit Shipping Ltd and renamed PLATITERA under Panama flag
27.10.2001: Arrived at Gadani Beach for BU

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Great Thanks, very quick response most appreciated.

Bazza
There was a third vessel.

IMO. 6713362
SUNNYWAY
35,192g. 21,770n. 61,855d. 226.02 x 31.58 x 17.81 (13.196 dt) metres.
8-cyl. 2 SCSA (900 x 1,550mm) Sulzer 8RD90 by the shipbuilder. 18,399 bhp by shipbuilder
17.10.1976: Keel laid as BESOR by Maizura Jukogyo KK, Maizura (Yard No 81)
31.3.1967: Launched
xx.6.1967: Completed for Zim Israel Nav Co Ltd., Israel
1970: Sold to Tracofinan Co and renamed LYRA under Liberia flag
1970: Sold to Bulk Transport Corp Liberia
1973: Sold to:Tracofinan Co Liberia
1976: Sold to Seth Shipping Corp and renamed JADE under Liberia flag
1976: Sold to Clifton Shipping Inc and renamed NERINA under Liberia flag
1978: Sold to Estavarney Ltd and renamed SUNNYWAY under British flag
1978: Sold to Sunny Way Shipping Co Ltd under British flag
1980: Sold to Nav Minera del Golfo Navimin and renamed AZTLAN under Mexico flag
12.8.1984: Arrived at Inchon for demolition

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks again.
I never sailed on this one but of course knew about it. Its strange how hard is can be to find ship information. I'm still looking for a vessel that I briefly sailed on and there are lots of references to it all with the same info.
Cheers.

Baz

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Thanks again.
I never sailed on this one but of course knew about it. Its strange how hard is can be to find ship information. I'm still looking for a vessel that I briefly sailed on and there are lots of references to it all with the same info.
Cheers.

Baz
What vessels are you still looking for? Let me know and I will see what I can do through my resources.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi BB. My time on Causeway overlapped yours by @ 5 weeks, I joined in Sydney in July 1982 for the voyage back to Hadera, Isreal, then drydock in Greece, US for grain, thro' Panama, to Japan via Long Beach for bunkers, eventually getting off in Vancouver at the end of December. From the depths of memory, some of the people on board at that time were CE Jellytot (Ken Talbot?), 2E Murray Sinclair, 3E Geoff Argent, 4E you, JE Me (Nev Alcock), EE Terry O'Donnel, PCO Charlie Cavanagh, CO Bob Dhoby, 2O Phil Hooper, 3O Richard Precious. Your relief was Barry Gibb(s?), Sad Sam McCleod relieved Jellytot, John Cardownie relieved the RO you sailed with, other names are lost in the mists of time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bill

The one I'm missing is the St Patrick, a stand-by vessel I did a bout 4 weeks on waiting to join Texaco. I was originally a stern trawler from Lowestoft, LT 129 I believe. Built 1975 with IMO 73366180.
It was converted sometime before 1990 to a rescue vessel and re-engine so I after the new BHP, NRT and Official Number if at all possible.
There are lots of references to it as fishing vessel and later under its new name of Viking Vixen. Probably scrapped in 2006.

Anything will help and is appreciated.

Thanks.

Bazza

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
St patrick

Bill

The one I'm missing is the St Patrick, a stand-by vessel I did a bout 4 weeks on waiting to join Texaco. I was originally a stern trawler from Lowestoft, LT 129 I believe. Built 1975 with IMO 73366180.
It was converted sometime before 1990 to a rescue vessel and re-engine so I after the new BHP, NRT and Official Number if at all possible.
There are lots of references to it as fishing vessel and later under its new name of Viking Vixen. Probably scrapped in 2006.

Anything will help and is appreciated.

Thanks.

Bazza
Referring to the details I posted on CAUSEWAY I inadvertently gave her keel laying year as 1976 instead of 1967. Dyslexia rules KO!

This link will give you most of the details for ST PATRICK

Keel laid xx/03/1975
Launched 12/08/1975
Completed 15/10/1975
Engine type was a 6-cyl 4SCSA (318 x 368mm) Ruston 6ATCM type to controllable pitch prop. 1,651bhp

http://shippingandshipbuilding.uk/view.php?year_built=&builder=&ref=217719&vessel=ST.+PATRICK

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good Afternoon
Awesome, after all that time, John cardownie was on a previous trip I did on the Causeway. Bob Dobbie was an absolute gentleman. Do you have any pictures of the Causeway or indeed anybody reading this do you have any photo's. I bought one taken from Sydney Harbour Bridge but over the years it has faded and I am trying to replace it. Wharferat are you retired now?
Regards

BB

Hi BB. My time on Causeway overlapped yours by @ 5 weeks, I joined in Sydney in July 1982 for the voyage back to Hadera, Isreal, then drydock in Greece, US for grain, thro' Panama, to Japan via Long Beach for bunkers, eventually getting off in Vancouver at the end of December. From the depths of memory, some of the people on board at that time were CE Jellytot (Ken Talbot?), 2E Murray Sinclair, 3E Geoff Argent, 4E you, JE Me (Nev Alcock), EE Terry O'Donnel, PCO Charlie Cavanagh, CO Bob Dhoby, 2O Phil Hooper, 3O Richard Precious. Your relief was Barry Gibb(s?), Sad Sam McCleod relieved Jellytot, John Cardownie relieved the RO you sailed with, other names are lost in the mists of time.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Good Afternoon
Awesome, after all that time, John cardownie was on a previous trip I did on the Causeway. Bob Dobbie was an absolute gentleman. Do you have any pictures of the Causeway or indeed anybody reading this do you have any photo's. I bought one taken from Sydney Harbour Bridge but over the years it has faded and I am trying to replace it. Wharferat are you retired now?
Regards

BB
I posted links to pictures about 4 posts previous to this

·
Registered
1 Posts
In 1981/82 I sailed on the Causeway as 4th engineer. Does anybody know what happened to it and the Bonnieway. I have tried searching the net without success.
Would also like to hear from anybody who sailed on her about that time.

B. Bannister
Hi, I sailed on the Bonnieway as a Junior Engineer, trip after the maiden voyage. Joined her in the US, loaded grain and sailed to Constanta Romania. Port was on strike, anchored for 3 months! So bored, we pulled a unit for the fun of it. The Lecky (Arnie Roberts) made crazy paintings in his workshop, 2nd Engineer made a navigating ruler for his sail boat. So boring and missed the smell of the Can line curry's but didn't we all!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts