Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I served on the Dashwood 79/80 when she was operated by Buries Markes, I have been searching for any information/pictures but to no avail, anyone point me in the right direction ?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Could it be this one

Built 71 as Turcoman 82791 grt,153321 dwt
subsequently
Resolute 78
Dashwood 79
Tiffany 81
Rokko San 89
Santos 96
Slina 96
Rio 96
Broken up Gadani Beach 96
spartan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dashwood

I served on the Dashwood as Third Mate when Buries Markes took her over. Joined her in Palermo where we had to live in a hotel until she was habitable. Sailed from there to Cagliari (Sardinia) for bunkers then on to Les Sept Isles for coal. A long journey from Canada to Japan plagued with breakdowns and even running out of beer. Two ports in Japan then down to Hay Point to load coal for Fos sur la Mer in Southern France. I left her there for leave before joining the La Primavera, a Gearbulker. I have some photos of the Dashwood in Hay Point and some at sea. No full profile shots though unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I served on the Dashwood 79/80 when she was operated by Buries Markes, I have been searching for any information/pictures but to no avail, anyone point me in the right direction ?
I WAS UNFORTUNATE TO SERVE ON THE WRECK MV DASHWOOD 1980 JOINED IN ITALY PAID OFF LE HARVE 4 MONTHS BRASIL JAPAN RICHARDS BAY A BAD TRIP NO FACILITIES TAFFY 1 PORT TALBOT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts