Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone give me some details of the mv Instow which is operating in the North Sea areas off Inverness / Aberdeen please.?

She looks like an ex RN vessel and when I saw her (see photo in gallery) she was carrying what appeared to be a decompression chamber aboard, and was moored in the Muirtown Basin at Inverness.

Any info appreciated..!!

Cheers,

Rushie.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Ahoy Rushie,
The only ones I know are a dredger built in 1965 and a RMAS A309 diving tender.So I think you've got here the Instow from the RMAS.
A309 Instow Diving tender SD

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ahoy ruud...
Tell me where the hell do
you get all your info from..?
You are an absolute asset to this site....
you supplied me with a piccie of British Scout whereas I'd tried everywhere and failed.
Many thanks...

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Ahoy Cynter & Rushie,

Just lucky to have "some/few" piccies and databank, that's all, and if not at my PC, "Google" around untill I find it.But once again this was just luck.
Glad to be helpful as always, and "still" be able to do it.(*))

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mv Instow

That is not the MV Instow, the Dredger. I was Chief Engineer of the Dredger which worked in the Bristol channel and it was a Suction dredger. It was used mostly on dredging Sand for the building industry.

William

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
capital3 said:
That is not the MV Instow, the Dredger. I was Chief Engineer of the Dredger which worked in the Bristol channel and it was a Suction dredger. It was used mostly on dredging Sand for the building industry.

William
Ahoy William,
Who said that this piccie was the dredger?
So,please just read well before you make some comments!
So I think you've got here the Instow from the RMAS.
A309 Instow Diving tender SD

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was on Holiday relief for AB's and cook on the Instow, when she worked out of Hull 1973.
She was a aggregate suction dredger, working off the mouth of the Humber.
Does anyone have a photo of her or details of company and her fate

be obliged

Tugboat 142

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
capital3 said:
Ah!! but you only THOUGHT IT WAS!

William
Ahoy William,
You still don't get it isn't it?I did not thought about that dredger and did not post a piccie of her.(Fly)

The only ones I know are a dredger built in 1965 and a RMAS A309 diving tender

1 - 11 of 11 Posts