Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would appreciate if any member knows what happened to the Bibby Line LPG MV Wiltshire/GYKD. She was sold to Arab Maritime Petroleum and renamed 'ZALLAQ' . Cannot locate any further information from then onwards.

Thanks

Geoff Valentine

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MV Wiltshire

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for the information regarding the Wiltshire, thought she would have gone a little while longer, but she was 29 years old then!!

regards

Geoff Valentine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Dave,

Many thanks for the information regarding the Wiltshire, thought she would have gone a little while longer, but she was 29 years old then!!

regards

Geoff Valentine
Hi Geoff I was lecky on The Wiltshire in about 1970. Im suprised it lasted 29 years as it was a heap of junk when i was on it. Without doubt it was worst ship I was ever on, no happy memories for that one Im afraid.

It was always running out of fresh water, the beer cooler was useless and the whole ship used to vibrate like an old skoda.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Would appreciate if any member knows what happened to the Bibby Line LPG MV Wiltshire/GYKD. She was sold to Arab Maritime Petroleum and renamed 'ZALLAQ' . Cannot locate any further information from then onwards.

Thanks

Geoff Valentine
The novel call sign Getyerknickersdown.
Sailed on her in 1975 wasn't too bad after the new gennys were fitted.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wiltshire

It is interesting to see,reading in the Miramar Shipping Index,how Bibby’s continually reformed the name of her registered company and reflagging of the Wiltshire,as she progressively aged (and deteriorated !)

Yes 26 years was a good innings for this LPG with Bibby’s,plus a further three years with the Arabs.

1968 New to Bibby Line Ltd.Registered LIVERPOOL
1974.To Bibby Line Freighters Ltd. LIVERPOOL
1981 To Bibby Transport Ltd. LIVERPOOL
1984 Bibby Transport Ltd.Australian Flag.Registered SYDNEY
1990 Bibby Transport Ltd.Registered HONG KONG
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1994. SOLD to Arab Maritime Petroleum Transport Ltd Renamed ZALLAQ .Registered BAHRAIN.
1997.Broken Up at Alang

1 - 9 of 9 Posts