Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trotterdotpom said:
Ireckon that is Tintagel Castle in Cornwall. Union Castle had a "Tintagel Castle" but not a bulk carrier.

John T.
John

Not correct Sir

·
Registered
18,770 Posts
"Bamburgh Castle" was a bulk carrier, but that picture doesn't look like Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland.

I'm wracking my brains to find the name before the sun rises in Pommie Land.

John T.

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John
I played football under Bamburgh Castle when I was at school and there was more than one castle in this area giving its name to a vessel

·
Registered
18,770 Posts
Thanks Gydinia - yes have visited Bamburgh in the past.Just remembered there was also a bulkie called "Alnwick Castle" but your picture doesn't show that either. I looked up "Dunstanburgh Castle" and found your photo - that's not really cheating, it's "research"! Did she have some association with Ben Line?

John T.

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
trotterdotpom said:
Thanks Gydinia - yes have visited Bamburgh in the past.Just remembered there was also a bulkie called "Alnwick Castle" but your picture doesn't show that either. I looked up "Dunstanburgh Castle" and found your photo - that's not really cheating, it's "research"! Did she have some association with Ben Line?

John T.
John

Souters managed the vessels and all were on long term British Steel Charters.Will post you a photo of Alnwick Castle soon.

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
trotterdotpom said:

John T.
John
Heres Alnwick Castle home of the Worlds Oldest Football Game. Apparently played every year since Medieavil Days by the townspeople

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts