Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Not too sure I am going to get this without a bit of help. Not an expert on fishing ports really but it did look a bit like Peterhead where I spent a couple of chilly days once. Someone will recognise it I am sure while I do a bit of research. I just love these questions on this board.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tony, It Is a very well known place. Lots of history. I do'nt think any seamen has not heard the name of this port, or knows were it is.
Barney.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Well we can eliminate Fleetwood because someone I work with knows that well and has told me it isn't there. I'm going to check on google for a couple of other ideas so I can attempt to make an informed guess. Hasn't anyone else got any ideas?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Don't know where it is but....It is NOT Scotland. In the picture is a French built trawler, a beam trawler which has an odd stem. I would say if it is Britain it is the SW somewhere. Not sure if the architecture fits the SW so I will go for France and guess.......Cherbourg

Cheers TD

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry gents, none of these places.
TD, You are right, It is not Scotland.
You have narrowed it down a bit. Can't say if UK or France yet, to early.
I would bet you and nearly every member of our crew has passed or heard of this Port.Will give clues to-morrow, if still not found.
Barney.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts