Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am researching a list of names of all Masters who served on Cunard's White Star Britannic and Mauritania until their disposal during 1960s.
Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.
Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Helloe roescos, you mention white star cunard, how for back are you going? And what is the interest in the masters names?
The older britannic in 1938/9 my grandfather C P Freeman was on her last voyage, paper clip in the liverpool echo. His career spanned with white star / and their aussie fleet - shaw saville and albion, british registered from the days of the titannic,
May itmaybe of interest, not much just voyage cards. 1933|4 the summer medi voyage with lord and lady baden powell..
Regards david freeman.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Helloe roescos, you mention white star cunard, how for back are you going? And what is the interest in the masters names?
The older britannic in 1938/9 my grandfather C P Freeman was on her last voyage, paper clip in the liverpool echo. His career spanned with white star / and their aussie fleet - shaw saville and albion, british registered from the days of the titannic,
May itmaybe of interest, not much just voyage cards. 1933|4 the summer medi voyage with lord and lady baden powell..
Regards david freeman.
Hi David,
My interest in the masters names is to find the name of the narrator of 'Voices of the Mersey'. This is a recording of Ship's Whistles associated with The Port of Liverpool together with their individual photos. They were seemingly recorded by a Mr. Harry Brookes in the 1960s and narrated by someone who clearly states that he was one of the last first officers in Mauretania (1) and master of Britannic and Mauretania (2). I was given a taped copy of these recordings in the 1980s. I have tried to find out the name of this Cunard Captain's name to no avail. Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.

In the meantime I wish you and all those associated with ship's nostalgia a safe and healthy New Year.
Steve

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Steve,
I guess that record of the Horns on the Mersey is 'worn out' by now! One of my favourite clips is horn for REX and Mauretania 1907. There are other available on www, but these two are the best! Cunard masters would have included, Bob Law, Geoff Marr, Storey, Smith, Warwick (from the 60s).

I have a book about the BRITANNIC. Small thin book. The infomation it there but I can't see it on the shelf! Next New Year!

Stephen

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi David,
My interest in the masters names is to find the name of the narrator of 'Voices of the Mersey'. This is a recording of Ship's Whistles associated with The Port of Liverpool together with their individual photos. They were seemingly recorded by a Mr. Harry Brookes in the 1960s and narrated by someone who clearly states that he was one of the last first officers in Mauretania (1) and master of Britannic and Mauretania (2). I was given a taped copy of these recordings in the 1980s. I have tried to find out the name of this Cunard Captain's name to no avail. Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.

In the meantime I wish you and all those associated with ship's nostalgia a safe and healthy New Year.
Steve
do you have a closed communication line so i can forward you a few copies of family information for your info. The old ship nostalgia had a email communication personal message line? Now i am lost? Regards david.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
do you have a closed communication line so i can forward you a few copies of family information for your info. The old ship nostalgia had a email communication personal message line? Now i am lost? Regards david.
Personal messages are now called conversations. Access the function by clicking on the name of the person and scrolling down to "Start Conversation".

·
Registered
21 Posts

Hi David,

Steve
Hi David,

Steve
roscoe
Hi David,

Steve
roscoe i am all tied up can you advise me how to contact you on a private communication, should you wish to learn MORE of master cpfreeman rms britannic white star. Please keep the message simple i find this site communications now a nightmare, and not simple regards david

1 - 9 of 9 Posts