Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. Help needed please. Trying to track down small English coaster Nascence. She was operating in the 60s and 70s, belonged to London & rochester Trading Co. Had 2 wood hatches, I believe no1 was in a well deck. Like to know what happened to her and has anyone got a photo.
Regards.
Janathull.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Ahoy Janathull,

Found her piccie in an old small book,Brithish Tramps-Coasters-Colliers 1962,so by courtesy of this Hippo book, here the Nascence which had a sister the Militence:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
thompson1951 said:
After the early 60s -70s they went to the Crescent Shipping co Rochester.
Crescent Shipping was another name for the London & Rochester Trading Co. The 1950s ships were sold abroad in the 1970s. In the late 70s, early 80s, new vessels were built for them bearing the names Militence, Nascence, Quiescence, etc.

Phil

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody, you are great. I seem to remember another one called Kinderence, used to run Barry to Hayle with coal quite often, I think she may have sunk.
Regards,
Janathull. (Applause)

·
Banned
17 Posts
janathull said:
Thanks everybody, you are great. I seem to remember another one called Kinderence, used to run Barry to Hayle with coal quite often, I think she may have sunk.
Regards,
Janathull. (Applause)
They used to have one for every letter of the alphabet. In the 50s this started at letter C.
Crescence, Dominence, Eminence, Faience, Gardience, Halcience, Insistence, Jubilence, Kindrence, Luminence, Militence, Nascence, Ordinence, Pertinence, Quiescence.
No letter was duplicated, and no letter was missed
Cheeers, Geoff

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Coasters.

Hi Everyone,
On the subject of British coasters can any one remember one called River Taw. I think she was ex Dutch but I don,t know anything else about her.
Regards,
Janathull

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
janathull said:
Hi Everyone,
On the subject of British coasters can any one remember one called River Taw. I think she was ex Dutch but I don,t know anything else about her.
Regards,
Janathull
Janathull

Heres abit info on her from a holiday magazine about St.Kitts in the Caribean

The River Taw was a small coaster that sank in 1985, to be broken in two by Hurricane Hugo four years later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, i remember this ship year after year at Penzance harbour probably 1968 to 1974 i think ,what happended to her ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts