Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody find me the photos of the ship scotia, the first one and the 2nd one, they belonged t omarrs in the 1980s the firs tone did, i need a photo of them plz help thancks, don

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
don said:
can anybody find me the photos of the ship scotia, the first one and the 2nd one, they belonged t omarrs in the 1980s the firs tone did, i need a photo of them plz help thancks, don

They never belonged to anyone other than the Scottish Office's Marine Laboratory in Torry , Aberdeen. MVM ( Marr Vessel Management ) only supplied the crews for the old Scotia , New Scotia and the Clupea. I'm just back from hospital after an operation but i'll post up photo's I took on both boats in the 1990's next week at some point. I worked as a fishery scientist at the Marine Lab for 9 years and i've done dozens of research trips on the old Scotia and quite a few on the new Scotia before I left.

Davie ( don't worry about the ownership most people thought that Marr's owned them , if you read their site you'd think they did !! , they can wish I suppose lol after all Marr's aint going to spend the £26million that the new Scotia cost to design and build are they lol ).
(*)) (Thumb)

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi dave
thnks for that info, i new somebody on the old scotia called ernie hames and im after a photo of the old scotia for him, ill be more then happy if you can provide me with this i really would thancks, my email adress is.

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
don said:
hi dave
thnks for that info, i new somebody on the old scotia called ernie hames and im after a photo of the old scotia for him, ill be more then happy if you can provide me with this i really would thancks, my email adress is.

[email protected]
Good old Ernie the bosun , tell him big Davie the scientist is asking for him will you please. I'll not be at home till monday ( recovering from an operation ) but I can Email you some photo's after then , think i've got quite a few of Ernie as well but they will have to be scanned i'll let you know how I get on with those.

Davie

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ernie

hi davie
hope your ok , i did ask ernie about you and he said wow tell him i said hi, it would be great if you had any photos of him davie absolutley excellent, and do you have a phone number i can give ernie to ring you .
keep in touch dave thncks don.

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
Hi Don,
I'll not have the photo's of Ernie scanned for a little while yet i'm afraid ( something called trying to find the photo albums under 10t of rubbish in my spare room !!! ) I have tho got 45 photo's on the pc that i'll have to edit so if you can PM me your Email addressi'll get them off to you by the weekend.

Davie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts