Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Can I introduce my newly-published book, Tales from the Waves. This follows my often-precarious studies and subsequent career as an R/O. It includes a short history of radio, some details on communications, watch-keeping and distress (at least partly for the benefit of non-R/Os reading the book), some maritime history, and recollections, misadventures and trivia on ports, people, sights, entertainment, and daily life on board. The book is now available on Amazon, and I'm told it will appear on other platforms soon; also the Kindle/e-book should become available in two weeks or so. If you decide to read it I hope you enjoy it! UK link here, and it is in other countries too! Tales from the Waves: My voyages on some of Britain’s last traditional cargo ships: Amazon.co.uk: Guest, Austin: 9781803699837: Books

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congratulations on the new book, Austin. I've just ordered it. You're QRY2 after the wonderful book "All Ships, All Ships" by R/O Larry Bennett ex GKA. Wonderful season for great books. 73 de David Ring N1EA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone. Can I introduce my newly-published book, Tales from the Waves. This follows my often-precarious studies and subsequent career as an R/O. It includes a short history of radio, some details on communications, watch-keeping and distress (at least partly for the benefit of non-R/Os reading the book), some maritime history, and recollections, misadventures and trivia on ports, people, sights, entertainment, and daily life on board. The book is now available on Amazon, and I'm told it will appear on other platforms soon; also the Kindle/e-book should become available in two weeks or so. If you decide to read it I hope you enjoy it! UK link here, and it is in other countries too! Tales from the Waves: My voyages on some of Britain’s last traditional cargo ships: Amazon.co.uk: Guest, Austin: 9781803699837: Books
Sounds interesting. Might give me an insight into my Stan's days at sea in the merchant navy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts