Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

We just got back from the west coast of Canada with plenty of shipping eye candy. One vessel we were treated with was an Olso registered lumber freighter. It was in the process of docking to pick up a storage yard of cedar.

Since we had missed our ferry, we had an hour or so to watch and film this unique ship. On the stern was a folded rampway that dropped/extended by cables. The hold was filled with the use of it's own onboard 35 ft trucks and forklifts. This was a fast process.

I have posted a photo of the ship in the gallery. Has anyone got further information on this type of vessel? I know the Norwegians are very crafty at custom ship manufacture. I could find nothing on this one however.

Cheers,
Will

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to SN Will and thank you for completing a profile so we know a bit about you.

We have a large membership with very diverse interests so I am sure someone will share your interests. Try also checking out the Gallery to see what is in there already - it seems we now have over 30k photos so there is surely something to interest you amongst that lot!

Regards,

Brian

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Welcome onboard to SN Will. If you have a name for the vessel Im sure one of the members will give you some info

·
KIWI
473 Posts
Obviously a Ro/Ro vessel,Roll On Roll Off.The Scandinavians were backing this concept,together with pallet loads at the time containers were coming in,but containers won out.Kiwi

·
ex-Denholm Moderator
11,591 Posts
Welcome

Will,
A warm welcome to the site, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience! I am sure that someone will be able to help with your query – in the meantime have a good look around the site. (Thumb)
Interesting boat shown in your profile ..... craft is cool but the engine looks a bit knackered! (Jester)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Welcome aboard, Will. I hope you enjoy the site.
Rgds

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Welcome to the site Will.
Great for another Canuk to be on board.
Might soon outnumber those guys from the antipodes (O.K. Derek we heard you say that if there were only one of you we would be outnumbered)
Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts