Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A female American southern states drawl says it is Amazon Prime and your subscription is about to expire. I didn't listen to the rest. I thought Prime is a monthly direct debit ?

David
+

·
Registered
134 Posts
I too had this same telephone call. As I am not a Prime subscriber I told the caller to to p155 off in no uncertain terms. Seems to have done the trick as no further calls.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I too had this same telephone call. As I am not a Prime subscriber I told the caller to to p155 off in no uncertain terms. Seems to have done the trick as no further calls.
I too had this call; it was a recording so I couldn't have the satisfaction of telling the caller where to go! I had another call this moring from a very foreign sounding gentleman claiming to be from the Inland revenue and mumbling something about a tax fraud. He was so unconvincing I do wonder about anyone who takes these calls at face value. Fortunately, because he was "live" I took satisfaction in giving him his fortune!

Howard

·
Registered
779 Posts
I too am plagued with these cold calls, the Amazon one on a few occasions. I usually lift the receiver and listen. After about 20secs either a recording, or a foreign sounding voice comes on. I just hang up. Mind you, this nearly backfired on me. After the long pause, a very concerned voice came on, "Mr MacNeil, are you there?". I had nearly hung up on an important call.
I can't block withheld numbers, because it could be either the local surgery, the dentist or the pier office. I answered a withheld call, once, which turned out to be the SNP canvassing. That guy's ears must have hurt, after the blast I gave him.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
On UK TV Channel 5 tomorrow (Thursday 21:Nov) at 20:00 there is a programme about dealing with cold callers and other nuisance calls on the phone.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
The Missus and I are watching the channel 4 series Cold Call on catch up at the moment. It's actually pretty good drama.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts