Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Without prejudice, it is possible that success could boil down to which has the more expensive lawyer.

I don't think I'll take the risk of including 'Pedo guy' in my repertoire :sweat:

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
Is it 'in common use' in South Africa?

Even if it is, there are words and phrases 'common' in some Countries and cultures which would get one locked up in another. - I believe that Twitter is available internationally.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I could see the point, if he'd called him Speedo boy. Now that is really offensive.
Nice to see the young boertjie doing well though. He must have practically as much dosh as an african politician by now.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Without prejudice, it is possible that success could boil down to which has the more expensive lawyer.

I don't think I'll take the risk of including 'Pedo guy' in my repertoire :sweat:
You have such a palette of insults that it is not needed.

A smart ass reply could result in a letter from my lawyers; Sue, Grabit and Run. I'll be looking for Aggravated Damages of about £150 million or the Euro equivalent.

·
Registered
18,770 Posts
Musk cracked the sh1ts because they didn't use his stupid submarine in the cave and made himself look like a petulant rich kid.

Dunno about "pedo-guy" but "******" used to be pretty common in S.A. - can you still get away with saying that over there?

By the way, we were told Downunder that Unsworth was claiming $75,000 - small change to the Musketeer.

John T

·
Premium Member
11,597 Posts
What exactly is 'pedo-guy'? More slang than insult. What if you saw some girl and called her 'camel-toe'?

Millions for an insult? Put me in the stocks and throw insults and rotten veggies... just give me the money!

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
You have such a palette of insults that it is not needed.

A smart ass reply could result in a letter from my lawyers; Sue, Grabit and Run. I'll be looking for Aggravated Damages of about £150 million or the Euro equivalent.
Thou art a bedswerving, bespawling, abydocomist and a ***berground to boot! (==D)

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
p.s. ES, following advice from my US lawyers, I may say that these were terms of insult and there is no intention whatsoever to suggest that you are actually one of those persons. (Thumb)

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
What exactly is 'pedo-guy'? More slang than insult. What if you saw some girl and called her 'camel-toe'?

Millions for an insult? Put me in the stocks and throw insults and rotten veggies... just give me the money!
The message which the plaintiff felt was being conveyed was that the Defendant was accusing him of being a paedophile and that in light of the fact that the people being rescued were children he may have had some ulterior motive.

In the UK at the present time a mere suggestion of paedophilia against an individual is likely to bring the baying mobs down upon their household. There has even been one reported incident of a paediatrician's house and car being vandalised, such is the mind of the mob. There are also self appointed 'paedophile hunters' out there often termed 'pedo hunters', sometimes they get it wrong and exceed what is permitted in Law. So it is something to fear.

·
Premium Member
11,597 Posts
Ah. I never bothered to follow about this 'incident'.... apart from the real event and the rescue of the kids.

Had the Musk submarine actually used and saved lives he would be a First Class Hero.

Anyhow, people have been told worse things and for far less. As far as the $$$$… lawyers wanted their money and the easiest way they can!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Loose Lips Sink Ships!

Dunno about "pedo-guy" but "******" used to be pretty common in S.A. - can you still get away with saying that over there?

John T
Behind locked and bolted doors, and Burglar proofed Windows(standard precautions here),and in the company of consenting adults,you should be pretty secure. Treat anyone carrying a tyre and a box of matches with caution,and on no account make eye contact with a person wearing clerical regalia or in possession of a copy of the Guardian.B\)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Prior to Musk calling the guy a 'pedo', did Unsworth not suggest that he, Musk, put something up his whatsit. Which was the worst insult?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts