Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a frence farmer faces prosecution for driving on public roads in a vegetable powered truck
M Laine was arrested near his farm by french customs officers,he faces prosecution for driving a vehicle powered by "unauthorised fuel" namely pure vegetable oil,made from colza,or rape seed grown on his own farm,the only crime was he paid no tax on it
never mind planet earth,just give govt.money

·
King Ratt
1,955 Posts
Dont ever make the mistake of thinking that any politician was interested in the planet..me me me is the name of the game..especially if your are a "New" labourite..let someone else do the work but give me your profit.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
The use of recycled cooking oil is now becoming quite common in the UK.
The engine needs to be adapted slightly to pre-heat the fuel but apart from that it runs the same as any other diesel engine.
The financial downside is that it currently relies on 'free' oil from the catering trade. The costs of cleaning it and making it usable in Diesel engines when added to the Duty and VAT means that it is only slightly less expensive than the pump product and actualy more expensive than 'red' agricultural fuel.
There is a Maritime connection - One of the narrow-boat operators in the Midlands is using recycled cooking oil already.
I gather that even a private producer in the UK has to register the fact with HM Customs and I would think that the same applies in France, even though the French tend to do their own thing and generaly get away with it.

MIG.

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
dom said:
"never mind planet earth,just give govt.money"
Well said Dom. If it moves, tax it. If it don't move, tax it till it moves, then tax it anyway!!! (Cloud)

(Adapted from the saying of a tv editor, who used to say, "If it moves, strobe it (put it on fast flash). If it don't move, strobe it till it does then strobe it anyway!")

1 - 6 of 6 Posts