Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I worked on all six bay boats on the aussie run from 1973 - 1977..Trying to look up old mates from those days & hoping to find some early 70's crew lists if anyone can help : )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kevin, just read your thread about ex OCL shipmates, I was on 4 bay boats, Ausi run 1976-79, lovely ships, good crew had great job as laundrey man, senior steward, did last trip on "FLINDERS BAY" acting catering officer. pity they have all gone, let the good times roll!!.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I worked on all six bay boats on the aussie run from 1973 - 1977..Trying to look up old mates from those days & hoping to find some early 70's crew lists if anyone can help : )
Hi Kevin,
Can't help with the crew lists, but I was an AB on 4 or 5 of the bay boats in the mid 70's. Can't remember many of the names, but John Garner and Martin Pratt were AB's, Frank ( Mother ) can't remember his second name, was the laundryman and Reggie Badger was the cook. If I remember any more I will let you know.

Steve Johnson

·
Registered
4 Posts
Frank (Mother)

Frank Martin was leading Steward in the laundry, he was always affectionately called Mother. He enjoyed his whiskey in the bar of an evening and a Guinness at lunchtime. God bless him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, my name is Phil Gregory, lived in Fleetwood in the 70,s worked on bay boats from 76 to 79, brilliant job, great lads, great ships, was leading steward, anybody remember me?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts