Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst trying to sort out my records I find that I have lost my records for two ships.
One, from late 1978, was Kubbar ... a Kuwaiti registered ship managed by GCD / Strath Services, and the second was Stratherrol, this from late 1979.
All I want is a record of ports visted ...
Has anybody any idea as to how to obtain this information?
I suspect that this might be a failed enquiry due the the lengthy time period involved but one can but try.:confused

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re Stratherrol (Late '79).

I don't know if this is any help but I joined Stratherrol 14.04.80 in Kuwait as 2nd Eng. I used to keep a diary of ports/distance travelled etc during my travels and it says : Kuwait,Doha,Dubai...suez to Glasgow, Liverpool...suez to Muscat, Dubai Kuwait, Jebel Ali, Dar Es Salaam, Mombasa, Jedddah...suez to New York, Baltimore, New Orleans and finally Houston where paid off in Sept '80.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kevin
I left her in January 1980 in Doha I believe. I know it was somewhere that wouldn’t allow booze in the suitcase. Self & Mrs B did serious damage to a bottle of Tia Maria before we left.
Enquiries suggest that the details I am after are on microfiche at the Guildhall in London so enquiries are in hand,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts