Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Central Electricity Generating Board’s collier OLIVER BURY outward bound at Tilbury.
Built 1946 and 2904 tons gross.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mike Ransome

Hi,

I am now retired (this year) and am looking for pictures of the ships I once sailed in as a Merchant Navy Radio Officer.

It is great to see the photo of the Oliver Bury. I joined this ship around 1960/61 and it was my first ship as a lone Radio Officer (single operator ship). I was just 20 yrs at the time.

Regards.....

·
Banned
5,898 Posts
Hi,

I am now retired (this year) and am looking for pictures of the ships I once sailed in as a Merchant Navy Radio Officer.

It is great to see the photo of the Oliver Bury. I joined this ship around 1960/61 and it was my first ship as a lone Radio Officer (single operator ship). I was just 20 yrs at the time.

Regards.....
Ahoy ransome,
Found you another OLIVER BURY, courtesy/credits to Iain Lovie.
Enjoying the retirement?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,052 Posts

I am now retired (this year) and am looking for pictures of the ships I once sailed in as a Merchant Navy Radio Officer./QUOTE]

Hi there Mike. It would be nice if you could fill in a little more detail in your Profile (Select 'Quick Links'/'Edit Profile') and list the ships that you sailed on. Adding the dates - or just the years - that you were on each one will help job memories here. There may be former shipmates reading your postings without realising that it is you. All the best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Central Electricity Generating Board’s collier OLIVER BURY outward bound at Tilbury.
Built 1946 and 2904 tons gross.
Sailed on the Oliver Bury from 6th July -31st July 1959. I was the ships cook.
The crew lived off the fat of the land !Joined in Immingham, paid off in West Hartlepool. Nice to see photo of her again. ( Gerry Fell )

·
Premium Member
14,864 Posts
SS Oliver Bury 2904 tons Built 03/1946 by Burntisland SB Co Ltd. 315.0 x 44.5 x 19.9.Triple expansion steam engine built by Hall Russell & Co Ltd Aberdeen.
2 single ended boilers @ 220psi. ESD. Machinery aft. Cruiser stern.Part electrically welded. Cargo battens not fitted. Code flags GNJF. Registered London. Owned by BEA and managed by Stephenson Clarke Ltd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts