Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
And that Red Cross amidships on her hull sure shows us that remarkable tumblehome!

Consumed as I have been for last two months with DOMINION MONARCH, I note that her claim to be the world's most powerful motorship lasted but a few months in 1939 and usurped by ORANJE: three 12,500 bhp diesels driving three screws vs four 8,000 bhp diesels driving four screws. ORANJE cranked out an astonishing 26.5 knots (!) on trials in July 1939.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
And that Red Cross amidships on her hull sure shows us that remarkable tumblehome!

Consumed as I have been for last two months with DOMINION MONARCH, I note that her claim to be the world's most powerful motorship lasted but a few months in 1939 and usurped by ORANJE: three 12,500 bhp diesels driving three screws vs four 8,000 bhp diesels driving four screws. ORANJE cranked out an astonishing 26.5 knots (!) on trials in July 1939.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts