Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to date some photos of a voyage by the ocean liner "Oriana" from 1968. The voyage was from Sydney, Australia to England via southern Australian coast including port of Melbourne (perhaps others) and Capetown, South Africa. This voyage would have commenced in Sydney sometime after Christmas 1967 and finished in London sometime before 28 May 1968. I have tried the internet for shipping notices for the period without success - I suspect because it has not yet been put on the net.
I have used this method with some success for making timelines for shipping pre World War Two for Australian shipping. I can particularly recommend the Australian site Trove if you have similar interests. The National Archives site of the U.K. is useful for WW2 Merchant Navy shipping. If anyone could help with the "Oriana" timetable it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Murray Howlett

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hello,
Try. voyage reports | The National Archives
I am not sure what it may contain but worth a try. As far as I can see there are no on line incoming passenger lists which will give you dates and ports of embarkation, for 1968

regards
Roger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts