Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
david smith said:
Oroya (1978 14,124) arriving Avonmouth Docks
Nice shot.Only got a quayside when she was building.Good collection of flags as well,even the proper houseflag.Shame flags are not flown so much nowadays.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I sailed on Oroya, would be interested if you have the full image so I could get a good printout. Never took a photo of her, but did of Orepesa when she sailed passed in South America

·
Registered
32 Posts
nick when did you sail on the oroya? my dad sailed on her from 20-11-78 joined a'mouth-1.12.78 left b'head as 2nd cook/baker then 25-1-82 until 14-6-83 as ch cook various ports mainly liverpool

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi sailed on this vessel (Oroya) from Sept 83 to May 84.

Anyone out there do the same trips - South America / Faulklands

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for delay in replying as I only happened to look today after a long time off.

I was in the year '82 with Furness Withy on Marine Engineer Cadet scheme, studying in Southampton(UK).

Only got sail on a few ships in my year at sea('80). MV ***bria(Hadley Sunshine Cruises !!), Oroya(PSNC), Darts Atlantic(last voayage) and America(dry dock Hamburg).

Living south of Sydney nowadays.
Cheers nick

·
Registered
7 Posts
I sailed on Oroya, would be interested if you have the full image so I could get a good printout. Never took a photo of her, but did of Orepesa when she sailed passed in South America
i did three stints on the Oropesa down the west coast of S.America, time of my life, wish i was still there. Know anyone from there 1981/2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just joined this site so am still searching through various ships. I joined Oroya in April 78 in Greenock for trials and the handover. I then did the first three voyages as 2nd Mate until April 79. After Master's I went back for two more voyages in 1980 and left in October - for a Cairn Line ship.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts