Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
If you would like to receive a proper response, may I suggest that it would probably help members to be given some more specific info in order for them to decide whether they know you or not.馃憤

What a fine looking vessel she was.

Jack

Premium Member
Jack, I agree 100%, a very fine looking vessel. Her 'near sisters' were good lookers too. Lovely bow... great flare. Best in Orient livery.

The only think I remember about a tour of ORONSAY was that the machinery was painted eau-de-nil.

Stephen

Registered
Jack, I agree 100%, a very fine looking vessel. Her 'near sisters' were good lookers too. Lovely bow... great flare. Best in Orient livery.

The only think I remember about a tour of ORONSAY was that the machinery was painted eau-de-nil.

Stephen
The Oronsay was a scary old thing but still my favorite ship.
Jock

Registered
Hi there.
I was a junior engineer in the Orsova for a couple of round the world trips. Anyone I know on here ?
Yes Sir,...I was a passenger in August-June, 1970 from Southampton to Los Angeles by way of the Panama Canal. I would love very much to hear your Storys and share mine. My name is John Paul Grahame Dean and go by the name of Paul. Pleased to meet you Sir!!
鈿旔煉傪焽焽ю煉傗殧

Registered
Hi there.
I was a junior engineer in the Orsova for a couple of round the world trips. Anyone I know on here ?
Hello,...I just arrived home from work. I was very excited to see your message while I was enroute to my house so I couldn't properly respond. I'd love to correspond with you regarding your experiences aboard the ORSOVA. I only have 3 or 4 photographs of our Adventure on the High Seas but would love to see more pictures of the ship. Please do not hesitate in contacting me. I live in Augusta, Georgia, U.S.A.
I'd like to furnish you with my contact information (email, address, phone number, etc., etc.,...) but will wait to hear from you. The time here on the east coast of America is 7:00 pm making it 12:00 midnight in Jolly Olde England. Over & Out.
Paul Dean 鈿旔煉傪焽焽ю煉傗殧

Registered
If you would like to receive a proper response, may I suggest that it would probably help members to be given some more specific info in order for them to decide whether they know you or not.馃憤

What a fine looking vessel she was.

Jack
I'm new to this "platform" regarding ships (specifically the "ORSOVA"). Is your statement (above) regarding the "proper response" addressed to me? ,...or someone else?

Registered
Ahoy!,...does anyone have any stories and photos to share of the ORSOVA (particularly during May thru June 6, 1970), ....on her voyage from Southampton, England to Los Angeles, San Pedro by way of the Panama Canal???? Awaiting ALL kindly replies.
J. P. Dean 鈿旔煉傪焽焽ю煉傗殧

Registered
Hi there.
Ahoy,...is anyone onboard? 鈿擆煣
Our Port of Entry was Los Angeles on June 5th, 1970. We sailed on the P&O ORSOVA. Is there anybody out there that may have been aboard on that trek? Awaiting your kindly reply. Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts