Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This beautiful luxury yacht has been in the fjords around Stavanger this week and was moored up in town last night.
Checking on the internet it was built in Germany at a cost of $300 million US dollars, is the 14th largest yacht in the world, it came to Stavanger/ Norway to get approx £43 million back in VAT.
I would love to know who owns it but there is nothing on the internet about who owns it. I asked one of the crew who was involved in mooring her up but of course he wouldn’t tell me.
Any of you sleuths out there can find out who the owner is.
https://yachtharbour.com/news/lurss...-for-serial-owner-2999?src=news_view_page_bar

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that was the old Flying Fox and is now called Dytan.
This one is brand spanking new so I doubt it has previous names.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Flying Fox (Ex Project SHU).

Yacht Length: 136 m (446 ft) - Guests: 24 in 12 cabins (estimate) - Crew: 40 in 20 cabins (estimate) - IMO 9829394 - Yacht Value: US$ 300 million - world’s 14th largest yacht.

Sorry can't find the owners name.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Sea Web have owners as Tarcoma Marine SA, Monaco and operators as Imperial Yachts SARL, Monaco

9,100g.
Luerssen Yard number 13702

Keel laid 21/09/2015
Launched 15/12/2017 as SHU under German flag
Delivered 04/03/2019 as FLYING FOX under Cayman Islands flag

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Tacoma rather than Tarcoma seem to be the Yacht Harbour/Marina 'owners; in Monaco...

geoff
We are both wrong Geoff - TARCONA

Tarcona Marine SA
Company No. 4235473
Full Company Name Tarcona Marine SA
Nationality of Registration Virgin Islands, British
Nationality of Control - Unspecified
Status Existing
Company Type Registered Owner
Founded 2016

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
I think that Keith was saying "Bacon sandwich" a bit tongue in cheek, meaning the owners are possibly Arabs/Jews and just because there are Brits onboard doesn't mean they will be allowed to have pork onboard. I worked in Saudi Arabia for 7 years and you had to buy bacon (Pork) on the black market..

Cheers Frank

1 - 13 of 13 Posts