Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy,
Just found these lovely paintings made by Henk van der Veer; Henk never sailed in his live, but most of his family did and started to paint about 20 yrs ago.Specialy ships from the 50's got his attention, he has painted the Nieuw Amsterdam and Willem Ruys, and his paintings were used in books,[Zes maal Rotterdam, history of HAL] a few weeks ago he had his own exposition, where some 11 works were shown.His paintings are all on linen and oil-painted, for more info of his paintings, you can write me a p.m.and I will pass you directly to Henk; they aren't for sale yet,but will be next year about 25-30 paintings; don't know nothing about his prizes and for the good order I'm not involved in this.Anyway I like them, how about you?
Here the Q.E.II painted when leaving Rotterdam in the 90's, the Euromast was painted pink in that time.More to come.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Excellent paintings Ruud. Excellent!! I especially like the one at Maashaven. The lovely 'old' ship,........beautiful counter stern. How dignified, if that word can be applied to a ship.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adrie said:
Hoi Ruud, Mooi Man.
Het heeft even geduurd ,maar ik ben er.
Wat een prachtige schilderijen he?
Gr. Adrie
Ahoy Adrie,
Ja mooi he?

In English:
Sorry for this intermezzo, but the lady[yes it's a lady], is over 70 yrs., and don't speaks or writes any other language, than her own, and that's Dutch[More Rotterdams] and she and her husband love to see ships, especially ships from the past, so she found those paintings beautiful.

·
Premium Member
14,864 Posts
Ahoy Adrie, Welcome to the ships/sea site most of us are ex sailors spread around the world. (Ruud perhaps you could translate)

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
R58484956 said:
Ahoy Adrie, Welcome to the ships/sea site most of us are ex sailors spread around the world. (Ruud perhaps you could translate)
Ahoy,
Yep I will,

In Dutch:
Ahoy Adrie,
Welkom op de schepen/zee[ShipsNostalgia] site, de meeste van ons zijn ex zeelieden, verspreid over de gehele wereld[Ruud misschien wil jij dit vertalen]
So I did(*))
Ps.By the way;I know she likes time by time a good "Scotch"(Pint)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Hallo Adrie.
Welkom en ik hoop dat je er veel plezier aan zult beleven.
Ik kom oorspronkelijk ook uit de maasstad en daar liggen altijd veel schepen, dus zul je je nooit vervelen aan het water.
Jan

sorry friends, had to welcome the lady in her native language, I did not say anything bad about you , so relax.......

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ahoy Jan,

I happen to know, that she spend in earlier days, lot of time, at the waterfront there, and till a few years ago, loved fishing there,she as well, but what a pity, she and her husband, aren't anymore good walkers, getting older like all of us, each day.But she loves to see ships, and lately she went for the first time in her live,on a harbourtour, 'cause she was afraid, but not anymore.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello Ruud,

Seeing all those nice paintings I wonder whether you have a picture
of a painting of the Volendam. (1940's)

Harry

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Harry C said:
Hello Ruud,

Seeing all those nice paintings I wonder whether you have a picture
of a painting of the Volendam. (1940's)

Harry
Ahoy Harry,
Here's what the "ARTIST" told me:
In Dutch:
Hallo Ruud..... Ik heb de Volendam wel geschilderd,
maar ik heb er helaas geen kiek van !
Op dit schilderij heb ik hem wel op de achtergrond gezet.
Ik zal haar zeker in de komende tijd nog schilderen ...!
H.G. Henk...!
In English:
Hello Ruud.....
I've painted the Volendam, however,but I have there unfortunately none snap of! $ $ On this painting I have, however, put her at the background. Its certain in the near future...I will paint her again.
Brgds! Henk...!
Here another "beauty" from Henk in original colours:

Ps. Ernest, glad you like these, just helping a bit to push, a "new born Artist"(*))

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Ruud ,
Dit laatste bericht begrijp ik niet, maar er staat weer een nieuwe bij J.
En ik zit inderdaad met een lekkere Whisky
In mijn steenkool Engels,Thanks for the welcome.
Heb ik dat goed gezegd of niet .
Verbeter me maar.
Gr. Adrie

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Ahoy Adrie,

Here in English what she wrote:
Hi Ruud,
This last reported I do not understand, but there is posted a new one at J.
And indeed I'm sitting here with a nice whisky and in in my coal English, "Thanks for the welcome".Have I said that good or not. Improve me if I'm wrong.
Gr. Adrie.
Ps.Yesterday 22:23 it was posted at that time, hey lady, you should be in bed by now, and not drinking whisky at that time behind that PC at your desk.(*))

Ahoy Adrie,
Ik heb het even vertaald wat jij schreef, en inderdaad er staat weer een nieuwe bij van Henk, en jouw "steenkool Engels" was goed, maar ik heb er even bij gezet, dat het toch "bedtijd" zou moeten zijn voor een dame en niet met een whisky nog zo laat achter die computer.(*))
Gr.Ruud

Pps. Steenkool=Coal,and as far as I know, we from Holland saying Steenkool Engels for someone who speaks English by bits and peaces, and sure there will be a connection with the "MINERS & DOCKERS" that had there own "Slang" and was quiet difficult to understand.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts