Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to download pictures direct from the Card to my PC, Windows advises I must format the card. Windows is unable to do this, and so far, I cannot find anything in the TZ20 setup menu that will format. The manual is very unhelpful. Any ideas please ?

David
+

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Foca, am using Win10 plus updates. Windows tries, but fails to format drive E, and there is nothing in the TZ20 manual that is helpful. I should have said though, that if I connect the camera to PC, selct PC on the camera, then windows will download the photos ok

Will try that link.

Thanks

David
+

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dmc tz25

Hi David
I have the TZ25 which I have had for ages with no problem, then all of a sudden it wanted to format my SD card, I thought it was my Windows 7, but I had the same problem with the SD card on my Think Ware dash cam sd card, but after using that format utility everything seems fine. But when I format SD cards now I do the full format instead of the quick one.
Used the TZ25 at my Granddaughters wedding recently and everyone was amazed at the prints that I sent out...excellent camera, I was thinking of upgrading but this one is good enough for what I want.I have the FZ38 lovely camera but a bit bulky to carry around. I everything works out for you.
Regards Lloyd

·
Registered
1 Posts
Format DMC-TZ20

In playback mode go to Setup, scroll down and you will see Format.
This is only available in Playback mode not picture taking mode.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kalidor - Thanks for the info.

I usually keep my TZ20 on the IA - Intelligent Auto - setting. In IA mode, the Menu Set, Set Up does not include Format. I have just discovered that if I go to the P or MS1 selections and click on Menu Set, there are more Setup options which do include Format. So all is finally solved.

Many Thanks for the help.

David
+
The attached is all the book says about Format.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts