Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone stocked up on any goodies because of coronavirus,heard al bagdaddies pants sold well on e bay for facemask(@)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Dettol is indeed a fine product but where on the body does one rub it, or perhaps drink it?
I see it can still be used on toilet seats, very 1960's. Reminds me of the schoolboy ditty:-

No use standing on the toilet seat,
The Crabs in here can jump six feet.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
When I started school (way, way back) we sang a ditty that went "This is the way we wash our hands"

Who'd've thought 70 years later that it would be the plague equivalent of "Ring a Ring o' Roses"...

BTW I know the plague reference is tenuous at best; but why spoil a good story?

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Regarding your Dettol product..

According to Wikipedia...............

Coronaviruses were first discovered in the 1960s. The earliest ones discovered were infectious bronchitis virus in chickens and two viruses from the nasal cavities of human patients with the common cold that were subsequently named human coronavirus 229E and human coronavirus OC43.[9] Other members of this family have since been identified, including SARS-CoV in 2003, HCoV NL63 in 2004, HKU1 in 2005, MERS-CoV in 2012, and SARS-CoV-2 (formerly known as 2019-nCoV) in 2019. Most of these have involved serious respiratory tract infections.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Dettol is indeed a fine product but where on the body does one rub it, or perhaps drink it?
I see it can still be used on toilet seats, very 1960's. Reminds me of the schoolboy ditty:-

No use standing on the toilet seat,
The Crabs in here can jump six feet.
And if you are reading this you shxxxxxg at 60degrees to the horizontal.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Who'd've thought 70 years later that it would be the plague equivalent of "Ring a Ring o' Roses"...

BTW I know the plague reference is tenuous at best; but why spoil a good story?
The good folk of Weymouth are heading off to Portland Port with their pitchforks and billhooks.
They got the blame for letting Black Death in - They don't want to be caught like that again. :sweat:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Due to panic buying of toilet rolls in Australia, I heard that an Australian newspaper is leaving eight pages blank just to help out .. Brilliant.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Due to panic buying of toilet rolls in Australia, I heard that an Australian newspaper is leaving eight pages blank just to help out .. Brilliant.
They're not blank they are just listing the current government's successes!

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
We're OK.
Thanks to an enduring inability in the art of grass husbandry we've loadsa moss on the lawn.
Must start bringing it in to dry (K)

·
Premium Member
10,420 Posts
Sunday shopping done. Some bastard had panic buyed the sprouts. Plenty of bog roll still on shelves (50 quid in brown envelope will secure you a home delivery -first sneeze, first served).

Surely all burqas will have to be burned on sight until single use ones can be provided. A new market for Pampers perhaps.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Should never have thrown those WW2 gas masks away!
Dip the filter in Dettol and good to go.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts