Discussion Starter #1
a free editing photo program down load from google dose not use much room
and it's free
regards george1 (Pint)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi george1,

I have been using it for quit a while and it is so easy but if I want to experiment I still use photoshop.

Regards Ian

·
Registered
16,091 Posts
I've compared Picasa with another free program: Irfanview, and Irfanview wins hands down. In Picasa it's easier to get an overview of what you got. If you want to manipulate the pictures in any way, Irfanview is far better. They're not that big any of them, load down both and keep them both, or delete the one least liked.
Photoplus has a free edition of one of it's earlier versions, for pure manipulation on an amateur level, it's good. Regards, Stein.

·
Registered
13 Posts
FastStone Image Viewer, is a new one that is getting a lot of play. It's free, I haven't tried it yet, and don't think you have to sign up for it....try CNET

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Ceasar .....Thanks for that tip about "FastStone Image Viewer" ... downloaded it which was simple .... opened it up and fell in love with it instantly ....its great ...thrown out Picasa and Nero. For CD/DVD Burning in place of Nero I have downloaded "Deepburner" tonight and that seems ok too ... better than Nero which I was having trouble with.

Barnsey

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad that worked for you Barnsey. I use Photoshop Elements for most of my stuff but, keep a few of the other programs around for in a hurry things.

·
Registered
240 Posts
FastStone Image Viewer, is a new one that is getting a lot of play. It's free, I haven't tried it yet, and don't think you have to sign up for it....try CNET
Noted your comments re FastStone Image viewer. I have been using Picasa for years but I tried to load a folder I had put together from a variety of sources, load it onto Picasa have one slideshow viewing and bang it would disappear on the next viewing. god knows where it would go to. Read your note on FastStone and it works, and I reckon its even better than Picasa.
Many thaks for your info
Grahme

·
Super Moderator (L)
1,742 Posts
Irfanview is now up to v4.00 - it's surprises me it's still FoC ...

Cheers

Andy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts