Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I done two deapsea and in between I was on her around the coast,
If I remember right the trip after I left her she went to scrap I did not have the heart to stay on her for that trip.

Jime

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was on the lincoln from oct 1962 till mar 1964 3 fgn trips deck boy 2 trips jos 1 trip . were you on it then if you were you will remember freda and her mate .? they were stewards. all the best terry

·
Premium Member
14,864 Posts
MV Port Lincoln 7250 tons Built 1946 by Swan Hunter & Wigan Richardson, Wallsend. 470.9 x 62.2 x 28.6. 6 cyl 2S CSA diesel built by ship builders.
DF,ESD,GYc,Radar. Cruiser stern. 2 decks and shelter deck. Code flags GFZK.
Cruiser stern. Registered London. Owned by Port Line.

·
Registered
55 Posts
port lincoln

Hi Alan We Must Have Been On The Lincoln At The Same Time As My Last Trip Was From Roterdam And Signed Off In Hull . I Was A Jos . Do You Remember The Other Names On My Last Message?

·
Registered
7 Posts
photo,s

Hi Terry tried to find photo's on Merchant navy site no luck.My name on there is Alan Powell. I sailed on Port Invercargill from 1964 to 1966 good memories.
I have 3 photo's on Port lincoln not that good yet on how to send.
all the best Alan

·
Registered
55 Posts
photos

Hi Terry tried to find photo's on Merchant navy site no luck.My name on there is Alan Powell. I sailed on Port Invercargill from 1964 to 1966 good memories.
I have 3 photo's on Port lincoln not that good yet on how to send.
all the best Alan
HI ALAN THE PHOTOS ARE ON BMN ON GALLERY /PEOPLE AND PLACES. IWILL PUT THEM ALL ON HERE IN NEXT FEW DAYS. IWAS ON PORT INVERCARGILL APRIL TO JUL 1964 WAS THAT THE SAME TIME AS YOU?(Jester)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was on the lincoln from oct 1962 till mar 1964 3 fgn trips deck boy 2 trips jos 1 trip . were you on it then if you were you will remember freda and her mate .? they were stewards. all the best terry
SO was I terry , its Fred your cabin mate , how are you ,

·
Registered
10 Posts
served on port Lincoln 1962 with TERRY DOUGHTY old Prince of Wails sea dog ,,first time I heard the Beatles , you played them on your tape recorder ,remember ..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts