Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi been trying to load a profile picture and having no luck, after directing from my computer, I see the picture but after I save changes a message comes up - upload failed - have tried different sizes and format all under 200Kb. I uploaded same picture to Cargoship gallery which was successful. Thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi been trying to load a profile picture and having no luck, after directing from my computer, I see the picture but after I save changes a message comes up - upload failed - have tried different sizes and format all under 200Kb. I uploaded same picture to Cargoship gallery which was successful. Thanks
Do you mean your Avatar image ?

·
Super Moderator
3,532 Posts
Have you looked at the SN help forum (the ? at the RH end of the menu bar that starts with "Home"). There is advice about adding profile pictures etc. Try that and see if it works for you.

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Art6, thanks for message, yes I have read that about profile picture and still no joy, it seems to load a picture, but when saving changes it says upload of file failed.
Not a big problem.

·
Super Moderator
3,532 Posts
Perhaps the size of the image you want to upload is greater than the 800 x 600 pixels allowed (in JPEG) although it is in the permissible range of Mb? You might need to reduce the size using a photo editor - this is a common problem that I have encountered before.

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Tony
It is 400x400 pixels 127 KB jpeg I also tried a .png and also a even smaller file yesterday.

In my page for picture profile, I load the picture, then I save changes and the picture comes up as expected but when I save changes of the page it has the message "upload of file failed" I am probably doing something wrong but can't think what and as I said I uploaded a larger version easily to one of the image galleries this morning.
Best Antony

·
Super Moderator
3,532 Posts
OK, I have passed this on to Admin since I have no idea what the problem is.

Tony

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For some strange reason both profile picture and avatar are working now, still get file upload failed message but the images are there so I am happy, sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Super Moderator
3,532 Posts
For some strange reason both profile picture and avatar are working now, still get file upload failed message but the images are there so I am happy, sorry for the inconvenience.
No inconvenience, it's what mods are for! Glad it's worked out even if neither of us know why. (Thumb)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts