Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Qm2

The QM2 is to visit Auckland on February 17th on her round the world voyage and I would think it worth the trip up to see her.
Once upon a time one could get a pass to go onboard visiting liners, I wonder if this is still possible?
Anybody out there with any information on this that I might find helpful?
cheers edith

·
Registered
949 Posts
I thought that QM2s first round trip was not until 2007, maybe I am wrong, as for getting aboard I think you would need a lot of luck.

Paul

·
Registered
175 Posts
Due to security reasons I don't think you are allowed to do that anymore but of course things might be different in other ports of the world. Alan Hill Bridgeport, Pa. USA

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hi Edith

QM2 is in costa rica Feb 17 2006 so I think you will have to wait until 2007.

Sorry for the bad news info from Cunard received today.

Paul :mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
BAH HUMBUG!
I saw that in the paper too Edith - you werent imaging it! I had thought about going through to AKL too! Things have certainly changed securitywise since the good old days. Sad really because the youngsters that used to roam the wharves can no longer do so - how are they going to foster their love of ships?
Cheers
Selwyn

·
Registered
949 Posts
I agree Selwyn, However If anyone is in the Southampton area this Saturday they are doing guided tours of the whole site, and Arcadia, Legend of the seas and QE2 are all in, no you wont get on board but you will get up close.

You will need to book I think there are 4 trips 023 8048 8800 it is from May flower park

Paul

·
Registered
137 Posts
Queen Mary2

Recent Tv News Story Announced Queen Mary 2 To Visit Australia On World Cruise.
Does Anyone Know Of Any Such World Cruise Complete With Dates And Ports To Visit??

Regards,
Martin
Marty 552

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yes she is down with you in Feb 2007, I dont know which way she is going but she is in Auckland Feb 17th 2005 so around that time.

There was a string on this last week just before you joined, but I can not think who started it.

Paul uk (*))

·
Super Moderator
5,620 Posts
flyer682 said:
Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth 2 will be in Sydney together on 20 February 2007.
Now that will be a sight to see!
For more info, see QM2 thread in Cunard Forum.
The QM2 is generating huge crowds where ever she visits. The QE2 has always produced a lot of spectators. I think it is likely to be congested in Sydney when they both visit. I look forward to the photos

Fred

·
Banned
21 Posts
Qm2

That will be a great sight lads, seeing them both together, lucky you. I am afraid I dont think we will ever see the QM2 in Liverpool.

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
5,620 Posts
There are some details on www.cunard.com site. Both QE2 and QM2 are departing from Fort Lauderdale on 10 January 2007. QE2 is going through the Panama Canal then up the West Coast before crossing to Sydney. She then will go to SE Asia, South Africa and then back to Ft Lauderdale in 108 days.
QM2 is going around the world in 80 days, via Cape Horn, Sydney, the Gulf, Suez and the Mediterranean.

Fred

1 - 20 of 43 Posts