Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one thing that really annoys me,waiting in queues,but having said that I do it regularly at lidls,because at the end you save great deal of money,and you get lots really nice stuff,on the other hand would not like to work for them,read some horrible workings.(Thumb)

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Know two people that worked in local Lidl to start the new shop off....both left after about a year, both were back within 6 months and stayed, yes we are worked hard but our wages are vastly superior to those in other supermarkets....
geoff

·
Registered
352 Posts
Queued up to join the navy.
: : to get kitted out with uniforms.
: : to get regulation haircuts.
: : to get inoculations.
: : to get issued with bedding.
: : to get meals.
: : to get payed.
: : to get leave passes.
Etc, etc, etc.
My memory of being in the navy is being in one effing endless queue.

I'm so well queue indoctrinated that now when I see two standing people together I assume its a queue and I just fall in behind them.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
My late Mother and a sister joined a queue just after WW2 thinking it was for cigarettes, it wasn't it was for the Mens Toilet.
geoff

·
Registered
961 Posts
The British love queues. It reminds me of the old joke about what is the first thing two Englishmen do on a desert island. In Spain one asks who the last person is. There are number dispensors, too. If you haven't grabbed your number as soon as you go in, Hard Luck!

·
Registered
933 Posts
While queuing at the ticket counter at Yantai (Chefoo) airport, North China, in 1994, with a well built colleague , we noticed a queue jumper insert himself at the head of our queue. My friend, who must have been a stickler for correct protocol in forming queues, immediately walked to the counter and in a bear hug lifted the man off his feet and carried him back to the end of the line. Not a word was said but I like to think that this action by a Foreign Devil was fully approved of by the rest of those in line.

Nick

·
Registered
488 Posts
Coming ashore from the Charterers of the Company I worked for, I was sent to work in Algeria (Arzew) as a Port captain. It involved flying on a fortnightly basis from the UK to the States and Canada and back to Paris and onto Oran. In Orly I quickly learnt that the Algerians form queues parallel to the ticket counter far removed from we Brits being at right angles. I wonder if any Nationalities have the same custom in place.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fares plz

Sitting on bus today,young girl got on,she or driver never said a word,but noticed she showed him her mobile phone screen,then she sat down,what kind of app is that,,totally lost here.(Thumb)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts