Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my desktop there is an icon like the outline of a blank word do***ent but with a miniature word symbol in the bottom right hand corner.
I can not remove it , a right click moves it to the task bar, a click on that opens it up. A left click on the desk top icon brings up a spinning wheel, and nothing more. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
As I read this, I have just got a pop-up notification that "Photos" has made a new album for me, would I like to see it?

I would love to be back in control of my computer, even things like, as you describe, right clicks can get hi-jacked to do something a little more "exciting" for you. I have never been an authoritarian, but I want a servant and not a bunch of fools that attempt to sell me some ... What? what do they want to make me do?

I find a direct physical assault is not helpful to you or to the beast. Take a deep breath and ignore it.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
As I read this, I have just got a pop-up notification that "Photos" has made a new album for me, would I like to see it?

I would love to be back in control of my computer, even things like, as you describe, right clicks can get hi-jacked to do something a little more "exciting" for you. I have never been an authoritarian, but I want a servant and not a bunch of fools that attempt to sell me some ... What? what do they want to make me do?

I find a direct physical assault is not helpful to you or to the beast. Take a deep breath and ignore it.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
As an addition, this site tried to post that message twice, so I deleted one of them. I suspect it may not have worked.

·
Registered
208 Posts
On my desktop there is an icon like the outline of a blank word do***ent but with a miniature word symbol in the bottom right hand corner.
I can not remove it , a right click moves it to the task bar, a click on that opens it up. A left click on the desk top icon brings up a spinning wheel, and nothing more. Any suggestions??
Check that you have hidden files, hidden.

When they are ticked as being displayed they show on the desktop.

Open File Explorer, click on view, options, change folder and search options, view, don't show hidden files , folders or drives, OK,

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts