Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I seem to have been blocked from accessing this thread in the time I have been away on holidays I am disappointed. When I returned I found on my personal email account an unnecessary insulting and disrespectful comment towards me. How is this acceptable? All because I supported what Jacinda Arden has been doing since that crisis. All the New Zealanders we spoke to are more than happy with how she is performing esp how she stepped up to the plate recently.
I am owed an apology at the very least. This person I consider to be no better then a cyber bully and this needs to be addressed asap.
Why has Taff also had his private messages blocked he sent me oner while I was away, when I tried to reply it was blocked, what is going on???? Unimpressed Vicki

·
Spongebob
9,392 Posts
Sorry to hear that Vickie, very few in this world are denying that Jacinda Arden handled the horror event with calm assurance ,response from the heart and free of politics.
Any cyber bullies that beset you over this matter are only belittling themselves.

Bob

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
As I seem to have been blocked from accessing this thread in the time I have been away on holidays I am disappointed. When I returned I found on my personal email account an unnecessary insulting and disrespectful comment towards me. How is this acceptable? All because I supported what Jacinda Arden has been doing since that crisis. All the New Zealanders we spoke to are more than happy with how she is performing esp how she stepped up to the plate recently.
I am owed an apology at the very least. This person I consider to be no better then a cyber bully and this needs to be addressed asap.
Why has Taff also had his private messages blocked he sent me oner while I was away, when I tried to reply it was blocked, what is going on???? Unimpressed Vicki
Why not copy and paste it and name and shame the culprit?

I also received a nasty PM from another poster telling me I should stop posting a while back. Unfortunately I deleted it before copying it and posting it to let others on here see just what that individual was like.

My personal view is that no matter whether I agree with a post or not that person has the same right to put across their viewpoint as I do as long as they are not being abusive to another member.

·
Super Moderator
6,632 Posts
Members,

If you have problems with someone sending you insulting messages you should log this to us - Mods - or Admin for us to deal with the offender. Viki_ you state to your personnel email account. Was this via the site? We do not have any access to members emails nor private messages. We are also not able to block anyones messages.

Hawkey01

·
Registered
11,218 Posts
Didn’t exactly bring out the best in people that particular thread

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Name them and shame them. Shine the light on those who use the p.m. to say something they would not dare say on the open thread.

Gutless gits!

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Why not copy and paste it and name and shame the culprit?

I also received a nasty PM from another poster telling me I should stop posting a while back. Unfortunately I deleted it before copying it and posting it to let others on here see just what that individual was like.

My personal view is that no matter whether I agree with a post or not that person has the same right to put across their viewpoint as I do as long as they are not being abusive to another member.
I assume you are talking about me as you have mentioned the occurrence on a few occasions.
Let me set the record straight - I responded to you via PM as you would not let the particular argument go, I thought it was being tedious for other members to put up with also hence the PM.
I was not rude to you and all I asked was for you "To give it a rest" and not reply by persistently keep going round in circles with ME - that is me only and not the whole site.
If you saw that as abusive I'm sorry but as I remember (and it is a very very long time ago), you never replied to that PM.
It seems you have some kind of axe to grind with me to hold a grudge for so long, which shows what kind of individual you are.
To use this thread to pursue your grievance with me makes that clear.

JJ.

·
Super Moderator
3,532 Posts
Name them and shame them. Shine the light on those who use the p.m. to say something they would not dare say on the open thread.

Gutless gits!
Be very careful about doing that. PMs should not be published in any forum, and certainly not in P&W. If you don't like the PM you have the right to ignore it!

I assume you are talking about me as you have mentioned the occurrence on a few occasions.
Let me set the record straight - I responded to you via PM as you would not let the particular argument go, I thought it was being tedious for other members to put up with also hence the PM.
I was not rude to you and all I asked was for you "To give it a rest" and not reply by persistently keep going round in circles with ME - that is me only and not the whole site.
If you saw that as abusive I'm sorry but as I remember (and it is a very very long time ago), you never replied to that PM.
It seems you have some kind of axe to grind with me to hold a grudge for so long, which shows what kind of individual you are.
To use this thread to pursue your grievance with me makes that clear.

JJ.
Let's stop this now gentlemen. This thread is about the response to Christchurch. It is not for airing grievances between members.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
To PM or not to PM. Personally I rarely use the feature, so if anybody does not like any of my posts; simply man-up and tell me to go take a long walk on a short pier. My skin is leathery enough for anything anyone wishes to hand out.

Love and hugs to all.(Thumb)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Members,

If you have problems with someone sending you insulting messages you should log this to us - Mods - or Admin for us to deal with the offender. Viki_ you state to your personnel email account. Was this via the site? We do not have any access to members emails nor private messages. We are also not able to block anyones messages.

Hawkey01
Tried to find some way to contact you but couldn't find out how. Which is why I opened a new thread as I was not willing to let this pass. We are in 2019 not 1919. Maybe you could give me info on how to contact you for any future problems. Thank you

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you guys for your support. I too have a pretty thick skin but some issues like this need to be addressed. Might've been acceptable decades ago not anymore. Women are no longer second class citizens. I may be older but still have plenty of fire when these issues come up.
Check the replies one of them just couldn't resist a jab. My son calls people like this "forum warriors", all huff and puff face to face cowards, seems he could be right.
Anyone know what's happened to Taff?? (==D)

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Be very careful about doing that. PMs should not be published in any forum, and certainly not in P&W. If you don't like the PM you have the right to ignore it!

Let's stop this now gentlemen. This thread is about the response to Christchurch. It is not for airing grievances between members.
Agreed, Art.

Apologies to Vicki - sorry for your thread hijack.

JJ.

·
Super Moderator
6,632 Posts
Vicki_

You have two options to contact us. Firstly you could send a PM or email via the site system. There is a drop down - Private Messages - at the top of the page or you can scroll to the bottom of the page and you will find - Contact us -

Hawkey01

·
Super Moderator
3,532 Posts
Tried to find some way to contact you but couldn't find out how. Which is why I opened a new thread as I was not willing to let this pass. We are in 2019 not 1919. Maybe you could give me info on how to contact you for any future problems. Thank you
vicki, to send a PM select "Private Messages" in the blue top SN toolbar. This will bring up your control panel page. Look down for "Private Messages" and select "Send new message". That will bring up a panel in which you first enter the user name you wish to message (in my case for example, you would enter ART6). Then type your message in the panel below and press "Send".

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Your quote----

Thank you guys for your support. I too have a pretty thick skin but some issues like this need to be addressed. Might've been acceptable decades ago not anymore. Women are no longer second class citizens. I may be older but still have plenty of fire when these issues come up.
Check the replies one of them just couldn't resist a jab. My son calls people like this "forum warriors", all huff and puff face to face cowards, seems he could be right.
Anyone know what's happened to Taff?? (==D)
----"Women are no longer second class citizens", cuts no ice with me, Vicki!

In MY book women are, and ALWAYS have been, FIRST CLASS citizens.

Without women doing such huge amounts of factory work during both World Wars, thus releasing men to join the Forces, we would have been hard-pressed to win! Certain jobs requiring brute-strength HAD to have men doing them of course! However there are not many of that type of job now!

I could go-on 'eulogising' Vicki but I'm sure you get-the-picture! Phil

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
----"Women are no longer second class citizens", cuts no ice with me, Vicki!

In MY book women are, and ALWAYS have been, FIRST CLASS citizens.

Without women doing such huge amounts of factory work during both World Wars, thus releasing men to join the Forces, we would have been hard-pressed to win! Certain jobs requiring brute-strength HAD to have men doing them of course! However there are not many of that type of job now!

I could go-on 'eulogising' Vicki but I'm sure you get-the-picture! Phil
Trouble was, that the war ended and, the women had to make way for the returning servicemen. Back to square one again.

Now the girls who wish to, can join any elite unit in the armies of today where they can swear like soldiers, get drunk like soldiers and, train to kill like soldiers. But they are not soldiers; just girls who dress and do their utmost to act like soldiers. Colour me traditional.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts