Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the tug boat unit of ab,moeller-maersk has taken over ad-stream marine.
ad-stream marine is britians largest harbour towage group.the difference between aust,wich has limited growth prospects and the uk where there are more oppertunities ,and you get the benifit from restructuring crew members,.***** to my way of reading,restructuring crew members sounds like crew reductions,

·
Registered
186 Posts
dom said:
the tug boat unit of ab,moeller-maersk has taken over ad-stream marine.
ad-stream marine is britians largest harbour towage group.the difference between aust,wich has limited growth prospects and the uk where there are more oppertunities ,and you get the benifit from restructuring crew members,.***** to my way of reading,restructuring crew members sounds like crew reductions,
Adsteam have been looking at further reduced manning in the UK for the past year so things could get interesting. Their predecessors Howard Smith did a good hatchet job when they bought out ATCL.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ports Of Auckland restructured tug crews about 6 years ago, older tugs were manned by a crew of 4 or 5 but were reduced to 3 which meant the engineer had to undertake some deck duties, they then introduced a new class( for NZ ) of 50 ton bollard pull, 22 metre tugs which could be operated by 2 men. One being a tugmaster and the other an engineer/deckhand. Other ports around the NZ coast have had to follow suit and this has resulted in many redundancies and upheavals. As far as I could see the only people to benefit from this were the shipping companies
I've attached a photo of the first of this class of vessel we took delivery of.
Chris Wood

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts