Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A wreath laying ceremony has taken place at the Bedenham Memorial, Queensway Quay, today at 11.00am to mark the 70th anniversary of the explosion of the RFA Bedenham.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sir, If you have any photos of the ceremony, could you please send them to Chris White at the RFA Nostalgia site

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi George, here are some photos of the BEDENHAM memorial service, I hope you like them, I tried to get to the RAF NOSTALGIA SITE as you advised but was unsuccessful, please try yourself.

The Lady and gentleman pictured together are grand daughter and grandson of two of the victims who died that day. The Fire service, Police, the Lord Mayor and Gibraltar's Deputy chief Minister also attended.
Regards.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi George, here are some photos of the BEDENHAM memorial service, I hope you like them, I tried to get to the RAF NOSTALGIA SITE as you advised but was unsuccessful, please try yourself.
View attachment 686809 View attachment 686808 View attachment 686807 View attachment 686806 View attachment 686805
The Lady and gentleman pictured together are grand daughter and grandson of two of the victims who died that day. The Fire service, Police, the Lord Mayor and Gibraltar's Deputy chief Minister also attended.
Regards.
Thanks Mr Gaskin. I passed the photos to Chris who was very pleased with them. Reason you were unable to contact him was because he is at "RFA Historical"
not RFA Nostalgia. Sorry about that !

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi George, glad you liked them, if there's anything else you require just let me know.👍

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello David Such a great job you are doing. Do you recall Mike Laurie First Officer on the Arcadia in the 1970s. Over the years I often wondered where he ended up.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello David Such a great job you are doing. Do you recall Mike Laurie First Officer on the Arcadia in the 1970s. Over the years I often wondered where he ended up.
Excuse me but does this quote belong here?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts