Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Anybody out there ever sail on the Rio Cobre? I was on her from 5/7/73 - 2-11-73.

Kev Barry.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Eddie,
Good to hear from a fellow Rio Cobreairian ;-? Just missed you by 3 month, close, or what! Andy Moore, a steward from Scotland was Already on her when I joined her in Cork, as was the bosun Peter Duncan and his brother Dave, The captain was Brian Williams, did you meet them? Yeah she wasn't a bad ship, but with no aircon it was a bit of a sweatbox going through the Panama Canal.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi sailed on the Roatan as well also Patuca and Pacuare and a couple of the C.class wiyh no AC and it was a bit sticky, but usualy had a good crew.Eddie

·
Registered
5 Posts
rio cobri

my name is andy poynter i joined her in dry dock at southampton early 70s for a 6 month trip to hell.we all walked off in new orleans over the bad conditions,port alley way floading with stinking water all the time,and she was a sweaty bucket of misery.ludo knight was donkey man ,i was o.s at the time.i remember some good stories but cant put them on here to protect the not so innocent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sailed on on Rio Cobre 23\7\74 to 16\12/74 was certainly a sweat box but we had a great set of lads so some great memories.

·
Registered
90 Posts
kevin.Hisailed with you a few times .Pacuare.Morant,Musa I think.i was an a/s , maiden voyage on morant . got promoted to ch/stwd on matina. leftb fyffes,went to salen,then c.p. left the sea in 83 after getting married.remember some gpood times .

·
Registered
90 Posts
kevin.Hisailed with you a few times .Pacuare.Morant,Musa I think.i was an a/s , maiden voyage on morant . got promoted to ch/stwd on matina. leftb fyffes,went to salen,then c.p. left the sea in 83 after getting married.remember some gpood times .
Kevin.forgot to put my name..Eddie King.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hi Eddie,
Your name is in my discharge book when I singed on and off G A Walker in 1980. Sorry I can't put a face to the name. I was REO from Puerto Ordaz until Umea trip. I seem to remember you and I spending a " Happy hour" of about 6 hours in the Cork and Cleaver Norfolk Virginia when GA was in dry dock then. We were in the place so long tHey forgot the bill and it cost us about $10 bucks. I think we had gone ashore to buy some stuff for the ship but got a little side tracked. Hope you are doing o.k and have a good New Years.
Bill

·
Registered
90 Posts
BILL, like you cant put faces to names[MUST BE AGE].remember had an excellent philipino cook,i left her in St.Croix, magic place.all the best for the future. eddie.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi, Is it Calvin or D.A?

Sorry for the delay in answering but I've had trouble logging on, trying to get a new password. I've been away for the past 10 days. Just tried something different and got logged on. Very strange indeed.

We had two Chief officers, cannot remember their names. The first one past away. HIs replacement was an elderly chap must have been late 50s early 60s, he also brought his wife on board.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

All the best.

Kev.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts