Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May Day .....May Day ........after a fruitless search I now have to seek help I,m looking for a photo of Rowbothems wee tanker "Helmsman "of 1957 if one of our crew does,nt have one .......... the Ship never existed (Ouch) Backsplice

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Helmsman

(*)) Dear Backsplice, The third Rowbotham vessel to bear the name 'Helmsman' started life as the 'Obor' in 1937 and was aquired by Rowbothams in 1948 and served the company well, until her demolition in 1970 . Sorry I am unable to supply a photo, she did exist, I was Mate and Master of her in the 1960s. She lay very low in the water when loaded and was nicknamed ' The Yellow Submarine' by some. Bruce.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks lads .......I knew she did exist I,m trying to catalogue a list of my late friends ships for his grandson in the UK..... this is the lucky last so I have great confidence in the crowd ..........backsplice (Thumb)

·
Registered
120 Posts
helmsman

i was on the helmsman in 85 im sorry i dont have any photos of her either there are a few people on here who sailed with rockies i hope you get lucky with the photo (Hippy)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts