Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
sam2182sw said:
looking for any info on P.O.tanker GED FORREST photo and info
I think your enquiry should be about Jedforest, Sam. P&O's tankers were named after British Fox Hunts. There were two named Jedforest, delivered in 1972 and 1998. Which are you interested in?

Fred

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi fred thanks for comming back.The story gose i was at dinner last week and one of the party knows the lady wife of the old company top account from years ago now departed his wife lives in sheldered accomodation lost all her info about the ship she in fact launched it and i told this chap who is the caretaker of the home i would go on the site to see what i could find for her . with all the ship buff on the site we will come up with somethink. hope you can help SAM2182SW

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi DOXi was just trying to get a photo of her for the old lady who launched it she lost all the photo she had thanks for comming back sam

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Sam,

I can get you one when i get home, but currnelty i'm in the Frozen north and won't be back home until mid March ish. There should other pics here or on other sites.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi dox where abouts are you when you say the frozen north . yes that wil do if you can when you get home. thanks for that look after yourself sam

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i had a ship called the WILGO she started out as the MAYTHORN ex COE METCALFE.MY SHIPPING WAS called WILSHIP MARTIME SERVICES i slso had my own ship repair on the RIVER HYMBER sam

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Sam,

I used to a lot of work with coastal ships way back in the early 80,s - they all ran to the Channel Islands - with bulk cargo's. La Pia, Carrigrenon, Courier, Sea Trent, and various others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts