Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
undefined

Have any of the members got a picture of HMS Whitehall WW11 Destroyer.

An old sailor is looking for it before he pops his seaboots.

Mick Wright

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Mick-- if this is D94, there is a photo of her for sale on ebay, seller "100000", it finishes in about 36hours time-- it failed to sell last time around.Starts at £3 plus £3p&p

There is a small pic on battleships-cruisers.co.uk (or .org)

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
yep-- the 10x8 on ebay is a copy of the centre one from treeve.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have not been around much lately thank you you guys for all the Whitehalls much appreciated.

The old boy will be delighted.

Mick Wright

·
Registered
6 Posts
HMS Whitehall pictures

Hi, I have a large collection of V&W pictures and plan files, as I am working on a model of Whitehall, it was my uncles first and only billet in the Royal navy. His last years with her was on the Russian convoys. and loved the navy with all his heart, he tels of how after finnishing training he got his orders and it said "Destroyer" wow! he thought he had hit the jackpot, he joined her in Portsmouth, the jolly boat took them out in the direction of a brand new super destroyer and to his dismay he found out that HMS Whitehall was tied up to her on the other side! . I have found that a lot of the pictures of her on E-Bay are just computer printed images and even though they are listed as "stunning" the quality is not so great. the files that are on this thread from the other guys will give you much better results and if you print on a good printer then they can not be beat. so save your pennies! Thanks. Pugwash, ....Aaarg....

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
more Whitehall

I forgot to mention that the first picture in my last posting was of Whitehall during her last days at the breakers, she is the one outboard.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts