Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Not just Bond.
Television, Stage, Movies, Building site - Scottish, Russian, Irish, American etc.
All with an Edinburgh accent, bless him.

·
Premium Member
9,090 Posts
Really sad, he had a very long innings. An early film, 1950s was about a hard worked lorry drivers called "Hell Drivers" With a lot of other future stars in it. Also a post war army caper where he & another fiddled their way through the war. Not many types of role he didn't play, from Knights, Dragons, Bond, Robin Hood etc etc. He'll be sadly missed, though many of his films will be re run for many years to come.
RIP Sean,

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
The only film he directed, "The Bowler and the Bunnet", an examination of Fairfield's labour relations is available on BFI's "Tales from the Shipyard" - well worth a watch, as are the other films on this compilation Tales from the Shipyard

·
Registered
707 Posts
Er, shouldn’t this be in the Seafarers obituary forum as he did do two years as a matelot in the RN.
That makes him one of us in my eyes.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
I met a guy in Karatha , Western Australia , whose family claim to fame was that his uncle had got the crap kicked out of him by
Big Sean Connery

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
I met a guy in Karatha , Western Australia , whose family claim to fame was that his uncle had got the crap kicked out of him by
Big Sean Connery
Welcome back SM

·
Registered
933 Posts
Since he was a bit slow about supporting Scotland in the traditional manner used by most domiciled Scots that is through income tax and VAT, I expect we will soon hear he left some of his many millions to Scottish causes that support Scottish Independence.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts