Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm viewing the site on a tablet. Every time I try to use the "Search Forums" feature, the entry box is displayed, then my touchscreen keyboard is displayed
momentarily, then both vanish together. Does anyone know what's wrong?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
This sounds like the normal behaviour for my Windows 10 tablet. The keyboard is like an indiarubber ball half the time. I bought mini-keyboard to get freedom from the bouncy little blighter.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello there,

For starters, can you try clearing your caches and cookies?
Let me know if that works.
What browser and device are you using?

Ed
I am using Google Chrome on a Samsung tablet. I will try to findout how to clear caches and cookies, but seems to me that virtually every site that I visit requires me to accept cookies.

·
Registered
236 Posts
To clear the cache in Chrome on my laptop.....
At the RH end of the Address Bar click the 3 vertical dots to enter the Menu - Click Settings.
Scroll down to Advanced and click.
Scroll to bottom of Privacy & security to find Clear browsing data [see screenshot]
If you clear cookies you'll find you have to re-login to sites, so leave it.
Clear browsing data if you want to, but clear the cache

This is on a laptop - it may be different on your tablet, but it's still Chrome so shouldn't be too different.
Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To clear the cache in Chrome on my laptop.....
At the RH end of the Address Bar click the 3 vertical dots to enter the Menu - Click Settings.
Scroll down to Advanced and click.
Scroll to bottom of Privacy & security to find Clear browsing data [see screenshot]
If you clear cookies you'll find you have to re-login to sites, so leave it.
Clear browsing data if you want to, but clear the cache

This is on a laptop - it may be different on your tablet, but it's still Chrome so shouldn't be too different.
Hope this helps
Okay, I cleared the cache and the browsing history, but the problem is still there. Strange though, the Search facility in the Gallery section works fine.

·
Registered
236 Posts
As they say in New Zealand - bugger, eh!

I rarely use Search, but when I do it seems to work OK, so I'm afraid it's back to the 'gurus'.

I don't know if it matters in this case, but you haven't said what OS you have.
It might be relevant, or even help in the fault-finding procedure.

Hope you get it sorted.

·
Administrator
3,931 Posts
I was able to recreate this on my Samsung phone, and while I don't have a fix, I do have a work around. Just below the text box when you try and open the Search is the option for "Advanced Search". If you click it you'll get taken to a new page where the search box isn't part of a drop down menu, which seems to be the root of the problem.

Can you confirm for me that work around works for you?

Kevin

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was able to recreate this on my Samsung phone, and while I don't have a fix, I do have a work around. Just below the text box when you try and open the Search is the option for "Advanced Search". If you click it you'll get taken to a new page where the search box isn't part of a drop down menu, which seems to be the root of the problem.

Can you confirm for me that work around works for you?

Kevin
Cheers Kevin, that works fine. Must be something to do with the Samsung OS. Many thanks!(Applause)
Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts