Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this in wrong place, couldn't find anywhere else to put this. Having just joined, and impressed by amount of goodies on the site, accessing interesting discussions is straightforward, but there seems to be no obvious way to search for ships names through gallery pictures. I can randomly come across certain vessels, but they don't appear on a search result. Hopefully I'm missing something obvious :) ?, Martin

·
Premium Member
11,687 Posts
Martin, Welcome to SN.
There was a time when you could easily find things and people on SN. Unfortunately we have new owners and they changed the layout and function and now it is almost impossible to find anything. Sorry to disappoint. Anyhow, if you need something, ask away. Likely someone will be able to help. Search ships names through 'Google Images'. A lot of the photos are found and are noted as 'Ships Nostalgia'.

Stephen

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, thanks for that , at least it isn't just me being dim It would actually be tempting to browse through tens of thousands of random pictures, as it looks like one might find all sorts of interesting side-tracks, but will have to delay that until I've actually found what I'm supposed to be achieving. Maybe the new owners will eventually see that having a hundred thousand images (presumably tagged) is bit of a waste of time unless easily searchable. All a bit strange? Meanwhile, thanks very much for your prompt reply and your suggestion, and will now try that, Martin

·
Premium Member
11,687 Posts
If you start wading through the Gallery you will find it a 'gold mine'. The images, just a lot of it and cannot be searched. Best way to start is to go through the search under the headings, like 'cargo ships' or 'passenger ships'. Enjoy!
Stephen

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello- thanks, feared it may come to that, good job we're still a bit locked down, -silver linings etc!- will dig out my waders :) , regards, Martin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts