Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking for the scale of food entitlement per person that used to be posted up when I joined my first ship in 1966. I think this was part of the ships articles we all signed then. Does anyone know where this might be found? A search of the internet brings up all the various regs and SI's but none seem to include the foodstuffs scale I remember. (It has things like '1 pound of bread per person per day but if no bread then biscuits may be substituted. Or 2 ozs of condensed milk may be substituted for powdered milk etc etc). I would be most grateful if anyone knows where I might find this scale. Regards to all. Chris Wise

·
Registered
3 Posts
The do***ent is called: ALC1 (e) SCALE OF PROVISIONS AND WATER.

A copy was usually posted on a notice board on board... like in the Crew Mess.

Stephen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The do***ent is called: ALC1 (e) SCALE OF PROVISIONS AND WATER.

A copy was usually posted on a notice board on board... like in the Crew Mess.

Stephen
Many thanks Stephen. I looked it up and found what I was looking for under the First Schedule. Much appreciate your help.

·
Registered
18,809 Posts
I remember that posted on the notice boards but by my time we received far superior rations than that, even on the much ****ged "Hungry Hogarths".

John T

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am looking for the scale of food entitlement per person that used to be posted up when I joined my first ship in 1966. I think this was part of the ships articles we all signed then. Does anyone know where this might be found? A search of the internet brings up all the various regs and SI's but none seem to include the foodstuffs scale I remember. (It has things like '1 pound of bread per person per day but if no bread then biscuits may be substituted. Or 2 ozs of condensed milk may be substituted for powdered milk etc etc). I would be most grateful if anyone knows where I might find this scale. Regards to all. Chris Wise
Ii you’re interested, I have an original USCG Forecastle Card (CG 704 - Rev. 3-67). It lists all the provisions mentioned in your query.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts