Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am trying to find information on my Grandad, Martin Christian Jensen who moved to UK from Denmark during the war years, around 1936. He was a Seiner Skipper, one of the longest serving coming out of Hull. I understand that initially he worked out of Fleetwood, possibly worked for Boston Deep Sea Fishing Company. My mum was a result of his time there. He had no idea of her existence. He was married to Jessie, with two daughters and later Joan who had his last child not six months before his death which was in 1978. I understand he was working right up until his death with his last trips out of Grimsby. His family are now aware of his previously unknown daughter and me his grandaughter. I would love to find any information on him or about him or about his work. My mum is now 75 and I am trying to put together a ' who do you think you are' book of history about her family (both sides) and this will also go to his other living children. I found him after 4 years solid research and 8 DNA tests later to confirm. I would love info such as ? name of boat he worked on, pictures, explanation of type of work. It is also thought he may have worked as a minesweeper during the war. I am in New Zealand so unable to drop in anywhere to check records

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts