Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The last few days I frequently get the message "Server busy, try again shortly". Is there something wrong with the server? This occurs by the way in the gallery.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Had the same message a couple of times recently. I couldn't access images earlier this evening, but it seems to have refreshed and is now working again, but the images and comments I tried to see before are not on the home page now.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Me too. Previously I would get the busy message now and again, but now I cannot upload to the gallery as the server busy message appears every time.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Just tried it again & it appears to be working ok also quicker than it`s been for some time. Not sure if Win 10 update has helped but it knocked my pc out of kilter for 18 hours & have only within the last hour managed to get back up & running.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
It is sad, but the good old SN site is going downhill. A pity. Seems to have started with the gallery screw ups and just flip flopped along since then.

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
Had the same message a couple of times recently. I couldn't access images earlier this evening, but it seems to have refreshed and is now working again, but the images and comments I tried to see before are not on the home page now.
Roy, if as reported earlier the servers have been hacked it would not be to difficult for the hackers to restrict (shrink) the bandwith and so they appear to be busy all time and there are other things that they could do to screw up the site.......(Cloud)

Frank

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Roy, if as reported earlier the servers have been hacked it would not be to difficult for the hackers to restrict (shrink) the bandwith and so they appear to be busy all time and there are other things that they could do to screw up the site.......(Cloud)

Frank
It's getting to resemble one of those old Liberty tramps I used to see anchored off Southend waiting for the tide, or orders.

·
Administrator
3,931 Posts
Next time someone gets this error, can you note the time and link the page you were on? We'll show to the techs so they can check against the logs

Kevin

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
Today I experienced another problem, I was putting my six daily photos when I put the fifth photo and wanted to put the sixth and last photo appeared the message saying that I had already posted my six daily photos, really I am very sorry to say but it seems that this site no longer has any solution.

Kind Regards

Tomi.

·
Administrator
3,931 Posts
Today I experienced another problem, I was putting my six daily photos when I put the fifth photo and wanted to put the sixth and last photo appeared the message saying that I had already posted my six daily photos, really I am very sorry to say but it seems that this site no longer has any solution.

Kind Regards

Tomi.
Where where you posting these? I would like to try and replicate this.
-Philip

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
The inability of the site to count has been the case for a long time. It is not new.
I, too, have encountered the situation where I have posted 5 photos and been refused the sixth as having exceeded the daily limit.
I don't have the problem now as I rarely post photos on SN and then only those that I am prepared to lose.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I encountered no problems yesterday.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Good morning. The server busy message has resurfaced. Although I managed to post some photos today, it took several attempts. Now when I try to open a thumbnail, I get the server busy message.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts