Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
assistance required ..after fruitless searches I cannot find a Photo of a vessel called "SANDHOE"..of Sharp SS Co Newcastle formally SS TYNEMOUTH of Burnett SS Co Newcastle Ok Lads its up to you !!!!!.......Backsplice (Thumb)

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
backsplice said:
assistance required ..after fruitless searches I cannot find a Photo of a vessel called "SANDHOE"..of Sharp SS Co Newcastle formally SS TYNEMOUTH of Burnett SS Co Newcastle Ok Lads its up to you !!!!!.......Backsplice (Thumb)
Send me a PM with your email and will get my Missus to send you a photo of her.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Ahoy Backsplice
"Tynemouth". 1952
Sold to Sharp S.S. Co.
Ltd. Newcastle on Tyne, renamed "Sandhoe".
1963 Sold Panamanian owners
(Aninomi Cia. Mar.) renamed "Andreas Panou".
3 July 1963 collided in fog
with "Hoegh Aiglonne" 5 miles west of Cabo Villano, NW Spain when on voyage
Setubal to Sas Van Ghent and sank.

Will try to get you that piccie.

Here is a piccie, but I'm not sure if it's the right one:
http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2547/password/0/sort/1/cat/all/page/1

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks lads ..........gdynia ..do you mean the ship or the "missus"...backsplice (who also flies the St Andrews cross)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks ruud ...but suspect that "Tynemouth" was a later version ...the comments said 1960....so she,s out there somewhere.........backsplice

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
backsplice said:
thanks lads ..........gdynia ..do you mean the ship or the "missus"...backsplice (who also flies the St Andrews cross)
Backsplice
You can have both. Ive a similar photo of the Tynemouth as Ruuds also taken up the Great Lakes

·
Registered
13 Posts
SS Sandhoe

Hi Backsplice. I know this is somewhat belated but if you are still interested I have a picture of the Sandhoe.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i sailed on the in 61 i joined her in Hull on the 18/9/61 and i paid off in middlesborough on the 16/11/61 she may have been old and she may have been slow but she was a good sea ship

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the belated messages lads but not to worry now all sorted my old shipmate has crossed the barr I,m sorry to say ....thanks again

Backsplice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts